Phil's Shadfest pictures [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Phil's Shadfest pictures

Dble Haul
07-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Here are a few of Phil's Shadfest pictures from Thursday night....

My new personal best on a fly...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/mdysinger/striper070705vertical.jpg

Same fish, measured vs. the Atlantis rod...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/mdysinger/striper070705horizontal.jpg

The revival and eventual release...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/mdysinger/striper070705release1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/mdysinger/striper070705release2.jpg

These images are a bit darker than the prints Phil printed out for me, and I haven't had a chance to edit and lighten them. But you get the general idea. :)

Adrian
07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
:smokin: :smokin: Brilliant :smokin: :smokin:

juro
07-11-2005, 01:21 PM
YOWSA - nice fish

Broadbill
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Those four pictures, with that gorgeous fish giving one last tail shake "goodbye" in the last shot, are the best series of web fish pictures I've seen in an age. Thanks for putting them up and thanks for putting her back. Well done.

bonefishmon
07-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks Broadbill! I could'nt even see him through the viewfinder. Talk about a 'shot in the dark'. How fortunate is that? Thanks Mark for posting the shots. If you come often enough you might get a shot of one up to your armpit. Mark stands 6' foot 6 inches. Juro. That tape measure needs to be longer.

The batter's box is empty. Mark got his personal best in under an hour!

Who's next?

Phil

juro
07-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Phil -

I am in, just need to figure out when I can sneak out. :Eyecrazy:

bonefishmon
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
No need to sneek out! Bring the family. I will PM you directions.

Phil

striperstripper
07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Nice fish Mark,how did you like the feel of the Atlantis with a fish of this size?Of all the things about the Atlantis I enjoy is the comfort of the larger handle area you have when fighting a big fish,you can really put the pressure to em.
Phil ,how long does this action last ,you've peaked my interest .

bonefishmon
07-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey Paul! The action lasts all of an hour or so as far as the shad appearance goes it's hit or miss but Chuck and Mark got very lucky. Mark hooked up and Chuck had a good shot but we retired early. I don't stay much beyond ten pm as I fish in the evening during the week and like to crash early. I'm usually beat after work as I run for a living so I am usually beat by 10. Hit it tonight. Nothing.
Baby bunker (I think) are starting to appear but the tide is pretty low. The cows like this pasture when the tide is high and moving. Long drive but feel free to come down, fish the salt ponds and hit this up at night. Make a day out of it to make it worth the drive. You are welcome Paul! Come on down!!!!!!!

Phil

bonefishmon
07-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Oh. Forgot to mention something. Now that everyone knows what Dble Haul (Mark) looks like if you haven't met him, he is also a gentleman with an incredible talent. Not only does he tie some of the best flies I've seen, he knows how to fish them and make them work.
If you ever get a chance to wet a line with Mark, don't pass it up!

I'm hoping all of you get a chance to see what Chuck (Grizz0707) looks like if you have not met him. Chuck is on a mission and I sincerly hope to add a personal best of his fish to these pages as well. He certainly deserves it!

Mark and Chuck. How about some pics of those shad patterns?!!!!!!!!

Phil

Dble Haul
07-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Phil, you're too kind with your words. Your sentiments regarding me are echoed right back at ya. :)

I'll be putting the flies (mine and Chuck's, which I still have if you remember) into the archive tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.

Paul- The Atlantis is THE rod for this down and dirty work! I was able to prevent the fish from going where it wanted, and the lifting power is incredible. It's part flyrod, part tuna rod. :wink: