Q: Loomis guarantee? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Q: Loomis guarantee?

marcusjanssen
07-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I have always been an Orvis and Sage man, and have become accustomed to both company's brilliant after-sale-service and 25yr and lifetime respective guarantees. However, I am contemplating buying a Loomis 'Greased Line Series' 15' 'Deveron' and was wondering if Loomis rods come with guarantees? Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Appreciative

Marcus

fisshman26
07-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Check out the loomis website for the info you seek.
www.gloomis.com

marcusjanssen
07-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I ended up buying the (above mentioned) rod, and it is beautiful! My first ever 'top quality' Spey rod, and I love it! Like chalk and cheese compared to my previous rods. Very pleased, Marcus.

Skycries57
07-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Loomis Rods have one of the, if not the BEST warranties in the flyrod business.

You have 2 options:

1) Send your defective rod in for repair for 20.00 s/h and return, and they will fix/replace the damage rod at no cost.

2) Give them 50.00 by credit card over by phone or internet, and they will send you an entirely BRAND NEW ROD in replace of your existing rod, no questions asked!!!

I opted for the the latter. I asked the lady how much would it cost to replace my dirty handle on my 10' GLX 4pc 8wt, and she said "we don't replace dirty handles". "Why don't you just give me 50.00 and we'll send over a whole brand new rod!" . Uhh, I said yes of course. Got the rod in 3-5 business days. Sweeet!

The catch is that they will take your cc# for the 50.00 and send you a brand new rod. In exchange, you have to send your rod back in the same box back to Loomis. If they do not receive your rod back within 30 days, they will charge your cc the full retail price of the rod they sent you. Seems fair to me, I just made sure Loomis received the rod by usps conformation.

Good luck!