To our dear friends in England [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: To our dear friends in England

juro
07-07-2005, 07:30 AM
I hope you and your families are unharmed by today's horror, and we greive and sympathize for those who have been injured or killed. As always we stand united and defiant with you in the face of such evil and will overcome their cowardly and lowly acts of violence. :mad:

grizz0707
07-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Well said Juro and I stand with you

Dble Haul
07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
I echo the sentiments above. We should all have a low tolerance for acts such as this.

God bless.

DFix
07-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Further echo.

It wasn't very smart to have pissed off the Eagle in the first place :mad: , but to have drawn the Lion's fury into the mix?

Very, very stupid move :tsk_tsk:

striblue
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
We have to hang in....this is our 3'rd world war..... we wil have to win this... for our chldren's children. I am really pissed that once again "religion" has defined political positions.

flytyer
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I too sincerely hope that our friends in the UK and their families and friends are unharmed by today's acts of cowards who claim they do such dispicable things in the name of justice and for their god. Such evil promulgated on innocent people ought to be condemmed by all people.

John,

I agree. These acts of "terrorism" (which are actually acts of war) are the 3rd world war, and we need to win it regardless how long it takes for the alternative is to live in a world where these evil dictators (which is what the Taliban, Hezbolla, Osama's group, etc. were and are) would beat and kill others simply because they had the gall to disagree with them.

teflon_jones
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

What a pointless loss of life. :(

clouser UK
07-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your support and concern.
As far as i can tell all the guys on UKSWFF are ok. Many live near and/or work in London.
Don't the terrorists realise that all they do is P**s off people even more when they do such cowardly and terrible things like this.
If 911 wasn't enough to make the western world hate them, they go round the world killing more innocent people, such as in Spain last year and London today.
The day will come for them...and i hope i am around to see it.
We must continue to fight against the evil that is in our world today, it is not what i planed for my granchildren to grow up in.

Yet again my thoughts go to those who have lost loved ones to terrorism.

Dave

nu-to-spey
07-07-2005, 07:05 PM
My thoughts and support are with you!!

Paxton
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I can't say it any better than Juro did....putting on the TV this morning and being "greeted" with the news of the terroist attack on London, obviously brought back the same feelings that I had after 9/11. First a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach, sadness, then anger. Until every country in the world has zero tolerance for terroists and hunts them down, the enemy is not the terroists, it is those who stand passively in fear and just say..."glad it wasn't us". The world must unite to take the perceived/believed "glory" out of these ruthless acts and convert it to ones of senseless/purposeless acts of self destruction.
My sincere best wishes to the citizens of England.
Ron

jamie
07-08-2005, 05:35 AM
I was in Russell Square when the bus bomb went off. Didn't see anything but heard it go.

Spent the rest of the day trying to get home.

A great determined and friendly feeling pervaded as I progressed through the city. See the best of people in these situations, grit the teeth and get on with it.

My sister works for the British Transport Police, her shift started at 7am yesterday and she got ordered to leave after midnight last night. She sounded tired and emotional when I spoke to her late last night. Big day in her life.