Thanks Quentin! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks Quentin!

Adrian
07-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Met up with Quentin on the Housatonic today for an Independence day mini carp sight fishing clave. The sun shone, the fish were there and had the feedbag on. This was the first of three for me and Q bagged a few also.

http://www.avsharp.com/carp.jpg

We didn't come across any seriously big guys but they are in the river. The first fish came to a small brown bead-head bugger from the carp swap. The second two came on consecutive shots to my sweetcorn fly - and we didn't bait the swim!

A smallie, several rock bass, a couple of sunnies and a perch rounded out the day.

One really high point was a Bald Eagle putting in an appearance early on :smokin:

Dble Haul
07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you guys went ahead and had your own warmwater clave.

I thought we were still in the planning stages? :tsk_tsk: :lildevl: :wink:

Quentin
07-05-2005, 09:35 PM
You're very welcome Adrian. It's always fun to show someone a good fishing spot, especially if the fish and weather cooperate. I'll be happy to show you some other places if you want to get some more use out of your MA license.

The carp in the photo looks like it was the largest of the day :cool: . Too bad I didn't have the video rolling when that fish ran a circle around you! Wish I'd had the camera out for the eagle too. That's the closest I've ever been to a wild one.

Mark, I have thought about hosting a clave at that spot. Parking is a bit of an issue but people could always drop their gear and park somewhere nearby if necessary. Cartop or inflatable watercraft are helpful but not mandatory.

Q