Causeway saloon withdrawal!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Causeway saloon withdrawal!!!!

Rip Ryder
06-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to say thank you again to JimS and Pam for their daily invites to the Causeway saloon. We all agreed we had withdrawal today at 5pm. We were certainly a special group needing a meeting, but no location for that special meeting today. :confused:

Thank you again for your more than generous hospitality.

Capt Keith and the rest of the wading gang.

PS How the hell do you guys drink that stuff :eek: It needs more than a splash of water, more like a fire hydrant!!!

FredA
06-25-2005, 09:48 PM
June as been pretty much a bust for me in terms of fishing time. Biggest regret is not getting down to the saloon. Penance, I suspect, for the Acklins trip. Ah, but Jim will be back in September, right?

I did manage to start my end of June vacation right with a toast (well at least I raised a few fingers of scotch thinking congratulatory thoughts) to OC and his bride. Stellar time.

FishHawk
06-26-2005, 09:18 AM
While I attended only a few Saloon outings I too want to thank Jim and Pam. Looking forward to Sept . when the Saloon will open again. FishHawk :smokin:

jimS
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm now in rehab. The addiction began about six years ago and has steadily worsened. I don't think it is terminal, but I'm not sure I have the will power to abstain until September.

The Causeway Saloon will reopen after Labor Day. A month on the Cape with friends, new acquaintenances, and at times, spectacular fishing, is one of life's true pleasures.

Now that my wife, Pam, has retired, it may be time to permanently relocate to the Cape.

See ya in a couple of months.

juro
06-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Jim -

If you do relocate here you might consider opening a bar in town, you've already got the 5 o'clock crowd :cool:

See you in the fall and thanks for taking the time to give to Big Brother Day.

Paxton
06-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks Jim for the fine time at the "Saloon"....we enjoyed the company greatly!!!
The big question is: if you relocate to the Cape...will there be a striper or Albie left for the rest of us??? :chuckle:
Hopefully your sun poisoning has cleared up.....maybe you should consider hiring that guy that carries the umbrella for Michael Jackson! :)
By the way....Garry and I saw 4 major cows on the flats yesterday...due to the 25mph wind, presentation was a bit off....I did get one to follow up to about 10 ft from me and then he spooked :mad: The sleeves of by shirt were flapping like a flag in a hurricane....that and the whistling of our guides were the sounds of the day :)
Keith drove by us in the afternoon while we were getting out of our gear.....he had a sad face and said..."not the same without the Causeway Saloon"..we all agree....was a nice opportunity to share the day's experiences with friends!
Ron

striblue
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
I will miss the Saloon...Thanks again Jim and thanks to Pam for putting up with us!...See you in the Fall.