SB report June 11 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: SB report June 11

polareyez
06-11-2005, 07:03 PM
The word for the day was wire. Blues all over the inside. Along the dropoffs and running over the flats. There are quite a few of them swimming around with their mouths festooned with my flies. Some managed to swallow the fly and 5-6 inches of leader and bite me off. Landed 12 out of 20 that I hooked. Found a spot where they just kept circling around. Fished it for hours.

I hooked a striper the first ten minutes I was there. It managed to make 2 decent runs before I managed to expertly give it a long line release. Only saw 4 other stripers the rest of the day.

Dave from NY thanks for the company.

Oh, a certain captain and I are awating a post from JimS. We want to see if he caught any good bargains at the Christmas Tree Shop :chuckle:

Garry

FishHawk
06-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Garry glad you are back. We'll have to fish together one of these days.
FishHawk :smokin:

polareyez
06-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I look forward to fishing with you. I was looking for you Saturday before we went out. Unlike you and Paxton and some of the other "elder statesmen" I can't get down during the week. I'm sure we'll meet up soon.

Garry

Paxton
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
HEY!!!!!!! Watch that language Garry.......one is not an elder statesman until one cannot walk the flats anymore....thus, Fishhawk and I are still pups! :lildevl:

bonefishmon
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Don't worry Ron. If that ever comes, we'll carry you!

Phil

Paxton
06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow Phil...what a great bunch of guys.....my worries are now over re my creaking knees getting worse.....as the time of complete lock-up of my knees approaches, I will create a "Forum Carry Ron list".....I guess that you are first on the list....such a friend!!!! :chuckle: Of course, we cound also petition Pete Grey to air drop me to my favorite spots :)

polareyez
06-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Maybe we could all chip in and build a slide for you so you don't have to go down the stairs... :chuckle: Anything to keep you moving and fishing.