Slow start [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Slow start

CSJ60
06-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Today was slow early but later in the day fishing pick up... bluefish still around, bring wire. I had two keeper stripers but the prize goes to JimS today... 36" striper.

Chris
06-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Nice fish Jim,
That looks like a twin of the one I caught Friday.

FishHawk
06-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Nice fish. When you put in your time sometimes you get the prize. :biggrin:
FishHawk

Paxton
06-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Nice going Jim!!! A beauty! Craig...it was nice to finally meet you. Also Walt, Dennis, Dan and others. Ken and I saw some large fish....but didn't have the Simms' touch yesterday.....it must be those "Simms" waders :)
Ron

flydoc
06-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Jimbo- that fish looks familiar- think it's the one I released a couple weeks ago- musta grown a couple of inches in the interim :hihi:
Doc Shep

Sephon
06-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Well,

As it turns out, year after year, I am the only thing keeping my father from catching big fish. A couple days after I leave he starts catching the big ones. That's a great fish dad, congrats.

Just a quick thanks to everyone I fished with the past 2 weeks, had a great time. I sure miss the Saloon and the fishing.

Chris

P.S.- I bet that fish gained 15lbs around mile 2.5.

striblue
06-11-2005, 04:21 PM
That's a great fish.... one of those that define fishing down here...off the beach... stoped by the UK guys last night and the "saloon".. The big girls are back!

juro
06-11-2005, 05:02 PM
How are the UK boys getting on? I hope they found what they came for after the cold front passed. Simon, Greg and I got to drop in for a drink and the place was bustling. What a great group! My pleasure making their acquaintance.

Stevo
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
The 'UK boys' are safely back home now and feeling just a little jet-lagged... Which is why i'm sitting here typing this at 3 a.m!

I'm sure I speak for all of us, from the UK, when I say that we had an absolutely fantastic time over on the Cape and met a great bunch of fellow saltwater fly-rodders as well. Many, many thanks to all those we met and who showed us 'the way'. It has left us already planning next years trip. Too those we didn't get to meet this time, see you next year!

My biggest fish... caught on the second night!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/Gonzo1964/No6.jpg

juro
06-11-2005, 09:50 PM
A handsome photo!

I regret that everything was so rushed this time around, next year I'll make it a point to find the time to hang around with you guys on the water instead of at the table or bar. Nothing wrong with table or bar, it's just that I felt I hadn't really visited with the gang until we were eyeing a pod of fish or chasing a blitz on the beach, etc.

I'll repeat the advice about waiting one more moon tide just to be on the safe side when you come again.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on this side of the puddle when I say it's great to put faces to names and call you 'friends'.

striblue
06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Gezzes! Stevo, I didn't know you got that!... Make sure to tell all the boys that I had a great time meeting each of you and thanks for kindness, and generosity... and I will e-mail you some photo's this week. A great group of regular guys... Hope to see you all again... next time you need to wear the "fez".

jamie
06-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Back to the twisted reality which is work today. :mad:

Great meeting with many of our Brothers from across the pond some great advice proffered and much humour exchanged. It never ceases to amaze me that every American I meet is bi-lingual with only that dodgy accent to make me realise they are not Brits. I would love to hear you speaking American sometime. :chuckle:

Met too many people to thank you all individually, but special thanks must go to Juro, Striblue and Jims for making us feel so welcome. Seemed I missed a visit from the Phlightless one, whilst having additional beverages in the Squire. Brothers all and you must make the trip over here sometime for us to return the hospitality and show you want a great fishery you really do have.