Kayak bluegills [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Kayak bluegills

Dble Haul
06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I christened the new toy yesterday morning at a local pond that I completely ignored last season. In that time the resident bass, carp, and bluegills have grown considerably. :Eyecrazy:

I targeted the gills for simplicity's sake. I was throwing bully spiders on my five weight and was very impressed with the size and fight of the fish. The smallest was 8", and the three largest where a hair under a foot....honestly. :whoa:

I'm pleased with the kayak's performance, and even performed a few wet exits and re-entries. Clumsy for sure, but now I have the confidence that it can be done and I'm certain it will get better.

Next time I'll try to remember the camera. :roll:

Adrian
06-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Great stuff Mark!

How about a paddle on the Conn. River to target Smallies and Carp sometime this summer? I've heard a lot about how great the warmwater fishing can be in the summer up there and little to no boat traffic due to low water levels.

Dble Haul
06-07-2005, 08:40 AM
That sounds like a great idea Adrian. The smallie action is already heating up on the river, so anytime from here through September is pretty good.

I'll call sometime soon so we can pick a date. :)

Quentin
06-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I christened the new toy yesterday morning at a local pond that I completely ignored last season. In that time the resident bass, carp, and bluegills have grown considerably. :Eyecrazy:

I targeted the gills for simplicity's sake . . .

Congrats on the christening :biggrin: . I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it's one of those things I keep telling myself I need to do.

Anyway . . . I wanna hear about what happens when you catch a carp while you're in that thing :razz:

Q

Dble Haul
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Q, something tells me that when I hook a carp on that thing you will be able to hear me. :D