Fly Fishing Forum banner

RIP TRIP SIGN UP THREAD!

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
I have not heard from Keith yet, but I thought it was high time to orgainize. June 16 , trip 1- has me, Simms Sephon and CJS60 - fill in the rest... 10 only...DAY 2- June 17, sign up... day one goes if weather is permitting... if not they go on Day 2. If Day one is pulled off, then second group goes day 2...I can not make day 2 if day one falls out... so there will be my place to substitute. If I can not go on day 2, then Jim Simms leads day 2. Now... Keith will confirm the price per person if he gets the clearance... sign here!

#7 ·
If it helps fill the boat I am shooting for the 17th as it is one of my days off from work. If the 17th cancels and you need a body to help fill on the 16th I guess I will have to call out sick. LOL!!!! I'm pretty far away so I cannot guarantee my presence but will foot the bill for the ride out if something unforseen pops up. Last year it was $30.00 and that was a bargain! Fuel prices are much higher now.

Phil

#12 ·
John- can't make either date. I'll monitor the board for any future Rip Trip postings (hopefully for a weekend I'm not on duty).
Doc Shep
P.S.- Sorry I couldn't make it over to CAC last Saturday evening- came down with some kind of bug late that afternoon (strange- I felt fine earlier in day hiking around South Beach with the Simms clan...) that lasted until late Sunday. :( On duty this weekend and ?up to folks for Dad's day the next, so I'll have to catch up with ya on the flats later this month. WAY sorry I missed the Saturday PM get together- looked like a blast!

#13 ·
Hey Tyler - not long now :smokin:

Unfortunately I can't swing this trip either but hopefully July will happen. Last time Tyler and Sandi were on our coast, we actually made it to the rip :D

#15 ·
Don't worry guys, we will try to orgainize several in July... as of today we have 9 on the list, Me(striblue), Jim Simms, Sephon, Cjs60, Shadfreak, striperstripper, Bonefishmon, dewey, and scruffyfish...Need one more and the back up list.

#17 ·
Whoa, Sorry guys , I am not paying attention... dewey and scruffyfish are only in for the 17th...not 16th...so the 16th list is me, Jim Simms, Sephon,CJS60, Shadfreak, striperstripper, Bonfishmon and Skiman... that's 8...for the 16th, 2 for the 17th... and if the 16th does not go it would go on the 17th.

#20 ·
Bad News for me, I may have to drop out of Thursdays Trip...Jim Simms will lead if I have to go home that day. It looks like we don't have enough for a Friday trip ... BUT, Friday will be the back up day for Thursday.

#21 ·
John. Weather for Thursday is looking like a chance for thunderstorms and Keith
always keeps our safety as his #1 priority and I know I speak for all that we are grateful of that. One of my friends took a lightning bolt to the head two weeks ago and survived after being pronounced dead at the scene by the EMT's. No pulse and they could not bring him back. A blanket was tossed over him and ten minutes later he started breathing as the Paramedics arrived. He's a front man for a very popular blues band here and last I heard he is playing his harmonica again! It will be a long recovery but a truely amazing one. I for one am scared to death of the possibility of getting hit and had one very close call years ago.

Friday looks better if the front blows through without a howling wind. Hope you can make it Friday if Thusday cancels. Will be good to see you again as well as the others I have yet to meet.

Phil

Phil

#23 ·
John or Jim. For the sake of those that will be traveling great distances with no internet access enroute, would it be possible to get a line of communication opened? I for one have no idea who to call for information. I want to come up early Wednesday night if we are on for Thursday. How about some phone numbers and what time will the boat be leaving? Looks like we are down to eight at this point. May get expensive.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.