RIP TRIP SIGN UP THREAD! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum


06-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I have not heard from Keith yet, but I thought it was high time to orgainize. June 16 , trip 1- has me, Simms Sephon and CJS60 - fill in the rest... 10 only...DAY 2- June 17, sign up... day one goes if weather is permitting... if not they go on Day 2. If Day one is pulled off, then second group goes day 2...I can not make day 2 if day one falls out... so there will be my place to substitute. If I can not go on day 2, then Jim Simms leads day 2. Now... Keith will confirm the price per person if he gets the clearance... sign here!

Dble Haul
06-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I regretfully cannot make either date. My cousin is getting married on the 17th (daytime service), so I'll have to wait for the next opportunity.

Good luck to those who go!

06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
I'll make the next one. Out of town for those dates. FishHawk :smokin:

06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately I can't make those dates either. I'll be up in Grand Lake Stream going after smallmouth and salmon! :D

06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Mark me down for the 16th.
If anybody wants to spit a hotel room or has a place for a person to crash Wednesday night the 15th let me know.

06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Kindly include me in for the 16th.

06-06-2005, 08:04 PM
If it helps fill the boat I am shooting for the 17th as it is one of my days off from work. If the 17th cancels and you need a body to help fill on the 16th I guess I will have to call out sick. LOL!!!! I'm pretty far away so I cannot guarantee my presence but will foot the bill for the ride out if something unforseen pops up. Last year it was $30.00 and that was a bargain! Fuel prices are much higher now.


06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
count me in

06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
As of today we have 7, Me (striblue), Jim Simms, Sephon, CJS60, Shadfreak, Striperstriper and Bonefishmon....This is for Thursday, June 16. Keith has not contacted me yet..but I will reach him somehow today.

06-07-2005, 04:56 PM

I clearly can't make this Rip Trip (my plane doesn't leave until the 30th) but an early July Rip Trip would be awesome!

06-07-2005, 06:52 PM
wow. I have watched these threads for the last few summers, and it actually looks like I could make it - for the 17th only. Please put me on the list for that date.

06-07-2005, 07:24 PM
John- can't make either date. I'll monitor the board for any future Rip Trip postings (hopefully for a weekend I'm not on duty).
Doc Shep
P.S.- Sorry I couldn't make it over to CAC last Saturday evening- came down with some kind of bug late that afternoon (strange- I felt fine earlier in day hiking around South Beach with the Simms clan...) that lasted until late Sunday. :( On duty this weekend and ?up to folks for Dad's day the next, so I'll have to catch up with ya on the flats later this month. WAY sorry I missed the Saturday PM get together- looked like a blast!

06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey Tyler - not long now :smokin:

Unfortunately I can't swing this trip either but hopefully July will happen. Last time Tyler and Sandi were on our coast, we actually made it to the rip :D

06-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Check your Met email.

06-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Don't worry guys, we will try to orgainize several in July... as of today we have 9 on the list, Me(striblue), Jim Simms, Sephon, Cjs60, Shadfreak, striperstripper, Bonefishmon, dewey, and scruffyfish...Need one more and the back up list.

06-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Add me to your list for the 16th of JUNE. I am ready to get out there and have a shot at the beasts.

Skiman aka Pete

06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Whoa, Sorry guys , I am not paying attention... dewey and scruffyfish are only in for the 17th...not the 16th list is me, Jim Simms, Sephon,CJS60, Shadfreak, striperstripper, Bonfishmon and Skiman... that's 8...for the 16th, 2 for the 17th... and if the 16th does not go it would go on the 17th.

06-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Keith contacted me we are ON for both dates...keep your fingers crossed for the weather and further posts.

06-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Sephon has cancelled and Ken McRae and Ed Bottegal are in ...that's 10...for now.

06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Bad News for me, I may have to drop out of Thursdays Trip...Jim Simms will lead if I have to go home that day. It looks like we don't have enough for a Friday trip ... BUT, Friday will be the back up day for Thursday.

06-13-2005, 06:46 PM
John. Weather for Thursday is looking like a chance for thunderstorms and Keith
always keeps our safety as his #1 priority and I know I speak for all that we are grateful of that. One of my friends took a lightning bolt to the head two weeks ago and survived after being pronounced dead at the scene by the EMT's. No pulse and they could not bring him back. A blanket was tossed over him and ten minutes later he started breathing as the Paramedics arrived. He's a front man for a very popular blues band here and last I heard he is playing his harmonica again! It will be a long recovery but a truely amazing one. I for one am scared to death of the possibility of getting hit and had one very close call years ago.

Friday looks better if the front blows through without a howling wind. Hope you can make it Friday if Thusday cancels. Will be good to see you again as well as the others I have yet to meet.



06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Have to drop out on Thursday. Count me out.

06-14-2005, 08:55 PM
John or Jim. For the sake of those that will be traveling great distances with no internet access enroute, would it be possible to get a line of communication opened? I for one have no idea who to call for information. I want to come up early Wednesday night if we are on for Thursday. How about some phone numbers and what time will the boat be leaving? Looks like we are down to eight at this point. May get expensive.