Thursday and Friday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thursday and Friday

Chris
06-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Just got a chance to sit down and post. Drew, Ian and I returned to Mecca to pick up my truck and fish. Matt set us up again at the Stone Horse. It took most of the day both days for the fog to burn off but we got into a bunch of fish. All were considerably larger that the clave weekend.

We fished the tub and the outside of the tub on SB. No great numbers on Thursday but Friday was gangbusters. Saw quite a rush of guys heading out on the Rip Ryder but we chose to hoof it again. Ian and I caught a dozen or so early in the tub, Drew went immediately to the surf. When we hadn't heard from him in a couple hours we figured he was killing them or drowned. We crossed over to find him pounding them in the surf. We joined in on the outside and did well too. I caught one 36" and several in the 22"- 26" range. Ian has become quite a confident caster and a hard core flyfisher.

There are still a lot of tinkers around but he big 'uns have moved in. The 36" I got wasn't particularly fat but in a few weeks it shouldl be a cow. I also caught a tagged short, about 22" which will report back to the tagging agency today.

See you on the water. :D

FishHawk
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Nice fish Chris. Hope to see you guys sometime in July and watch Ian in his home waters. Glad the truck finally got fixed . FishHawk

FredA
06-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Nice fishes Chris and Ian.

I'll be up the weekend of 7/23. I see we have a big minus at about 7:00am. Might be a good time to fish the outlet of the Scarborough marsh, ya think?

Dble Haul
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Great pictures Chris. Makes it tough for me to concentrate here at work. :wink:

Chris
06-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys, we had fun.
Fred that's does sound good. Drew and I were at Parson's beach sunday and caught a bunch. Kind of like the ones we were getting at the clave. Dinks mostly with a 20" here and there to keep it interesting.
See you here if it works out.

bonefishmon
06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Surfside huh? Where's the surf? I'm used to seeing at least three to eight footers pounding the beach. Sounds like one of those special days when things are really going your way. Thanks for the report! Looks like the Rip Trip is going to be perfectly scheduled this June as far as the cow arrival goes.

Phil

Chris
06-07-2005, 06:34 AM
We got a bit beat up but once the tide is in it's a bit easier to not get pounded. Also most of the fish were hitting with only 20' of line or less so getting right into the breakers wasn't necessary.