South Beach evening report [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Beach evening report

desmobob
06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
I went out from Chatham Light at about 5:30 Sunday afternoon. I fished the incoming tide on the surf side, at the bar opposite the bathtub and a bit South.

Fishing a low spot in the middle of the bar was very good until the surf started pushing though. After that, things picked up in the slot between the bar and the beach. I left just before 9 pm after catching a whole lot of fish, the largest, 25".

Back at the Chatham Light parking lot, I ran into a very fine bunch of fellow fishermen with funny accents.... I think they might have been the Beatles. Hmmm... there were too many of them. Maybe it was the Beatles AND the Rolling Stones? I was going to run them off, but they claimed to have connections with John M., the mayor of Chatham. :wink:

I wasn't able to fish during the day today as I had to bring Jay Frasier to the airport for his flight home to upstate NY. Jay had an enjoyable week of fishing and he wanted me to be sure to let the entire Simms Causeway Saloon Gang know how much he enjoyed fishing with them.

Thanks guys, for making it an enjoyable trip!

See you on the water,
Bob Scott

teflon_jones
06-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I was around there on Friday night and Sat morning pretty much where you describe, but nobody was catching anything! I was far enough out on the sand bar and the fog was so thick that I couldn't see the beach any more. I did have a seal stalking me in that heavy fog on Sat morning which was a bit eerie. He kept popping up closer and closer to me, and finally disappeared after surfacing less than 50' away.