Broken St Croix rod [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Broken St Croix rod

Sheriff Freak
06-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Does St. Croix have a lifetime warrente on them? Its my fathers rod and he came home from fishing the other day all pouty. He has owned it for many years and i told him a lot of companys replace broken rods no matter how they broke. I went to there website and found nothing... Anyone have some advice what i should do?

old man
06-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I broke one years ago and I took it back to where I bought it at and they sent it in and I got a new rod at no charge. But it took a month. So if you send it in they will probably replace it at a small charge or no charge. And it shouldn't take a month.

Jim

Sheriff Freak
06-05-2005, 12:11 PM
The problem is he no longer has a receipt. Will that be a problem?

JimW
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I'd start by shooting them an email. There is sometimes a fee ~20bucks but I bet they'll take care of you. The problem comes in that the newer rods may not provide the same action.

DEERHAAWK
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Good evening,
First of all, Welcome to the Forum S.F.! Good to have you on board. Sorry to hear that your Dad broke his rod. I use St Croix Equipment, damn good. This is the skinny, if it is a Legend series, Elite - Ultra - or Tournament, Avid series, Imperial series or made with a SCV, SCIV, SCIII rod blank, there is a Lifetime Warranty to the ORIGINAL OWNER!
Other St. Croix rods have shorter Warranties. There are tons of St Croix dealers around New England, or P.M. me and I will give you there .com

Hope this helps
Deerhawk

Count
06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Once, I won a Legend Ultra in a fly-shop raffle, but it didn't come with a warranty card. It was new, save for a few hours of fly casting by the St. Croix representative, who donated it to the raffle. After I received it, I called St. Croix to ask about the warranty, since I didn't have a card. I was told by the St. Croix representative that it didn't matter that I didn't have a card...that if I ever broke it, it would be repaired anyhow.

Not to worry. St. Croix is a great company run by great people. They'll take care of you.

Count