Chatham, here we come ! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham, here we come !

clouser UK
05-28-2005, 06:21 AM
Hi all,
June 2nd is almost upon us, and you have got some very excited anglers heading your way :D

All we have done all winter is talk about this trip......and tie lots of flies ! hope they work :roll:

Any up to date reports you may have will help us a lot, we will be mobile so can try many different areas. In fact we are spoilt for choice and probably won't get round to seeing them all.....but we will try.

Whats the weather looking like for the next couple of weeks ? You've had some
c##p this spring, and i thought we had the bad weather :chuckle:

Looking forward to seeing you all and putting faces to the names that have become so familiar over the last few months.
Thanks for your help so far, i'm sure that we will pick your brains some more before the trip is over.....

See you on the 2nd :smokin:
(Cigars and malt will be packed !)

Dave :wink:

sstump
05-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm 2 days behind you (I'll be arriving the 4th) so don't catch all of the fish before I get there. Hope to meet up with you folks also!

Sam

striblue
05-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Don't forget you all...all... need to be initiated into the Chatham Anglers Club. This is mandatory for you to be able to leave the country. :lildevl: :wink:

petevicar
05-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Hi
I am also part of the rear guard arriving on June 4.
I hope the initiation into the secret society is not too painfull.

Pete

Stevo
05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Don't forget you all...all... need to be initiated into the Chatham Anglers Club. This is mandatory for you to be able to leave the country. :lildevl: :wink:

I hope it's reasonably painless John! :hihi:

I too am looking forward to fishing & meeting up with all the regular posters on this forum... See you all soon. :smokin:

clouser UK
05-29-2005, 01:27 PM

Striblue,
If the fishing is as good as we hope, you may have to deport me :chuckle:

Dave :wink:

striblue
05-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey common guys... wearing a fez should be second nature... I mean...wearing them was the "de regure" of the 1920's party picture in Mayfair , London... so... this will be painless but significant.... here is the fez.... :lildevl: :wink: I can see it now... me tip toeing though Grosnover Square, In my tux ,wearing my fez and holding a shaker of G&T's , hailing a cab, "take me to the Orkney's"... I got the fly's.... to H**l with Walton, Bowlker and Stewart... I'm, fishing with Aflalo and Bickedyke. Take me to the sea shore...Seriously.. I look forward to meeting all of you... and we will have a great "fishing" time.

jamie
05-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Hi
I am also part of the rear guard arriving on June 4.
I hope the initiation into the secret society is not too painfull.

PetePete, they have a special initiation for people who catch huge GTs and go fishing in the tropics every other week. :lildevl:

Guernseybass
05-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Yup, lock up your daughters & whisky, the English are coming... :chuckle:

I note that the forecast for sunday/monday moves from the low 60s to to low 70's to high 70's - nice for the tan but how will that effect the fishing ?

is that good or bad news ? :confused:

Mark.

( British by birth, English by the Grace of God :biggrin: )

BigDave
05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
I would not rely on (or even consider) weather forecasts past 2 days out for Chatham. Any stabilizing weather pattern with a return to SW winds would be a welcome change.

With the harsh NE storms, everything seems to be a couple of weeks late this year (including the bluefish). Hopefully some sunshine and warm winds will jump-start the fishing.

jamie
05-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Big Dave,

It was the same here until recently. The cursed northerlies and north-easterlies held the bulk of the fish offshore, until the last week.

People are starting to catch now though.

sstump
05-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Sent you a PM

Sam