05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
..........at the spring clave.
Like I said before, it seems to follow me wherever I go.
But I honestly didn't go anywhere near El Salvadore! :whoa:
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah it figures.
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING SE 20 TO 25 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN THIS EVENING...THEN RAIN
AFTER MIDNIGHT. AREAS OF FOG. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT... BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT
IN THE AFTERNOON. RAIN. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING. VSBY 1 NM OR
LESS IN THE MORNING...INCREASING TO 1 TO 3 NM IN THE AFTERNOON.
Just have to make the best of it. We all might end up at Squires in the afternoon. :lildevl:
05-20-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm having difficulty qualifying the long distance drive to battle the weather tomorrow although, I was really looking forward to the picnic which now may be off. I'm also not sure where my son and I would fish during a Nor' Easter. Looks like the tub is one option. Stage Harbor being the other. Keith will more than likely be shorebound. Any thoughts?
05-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Phil....the north east wind only gives you the flat in front of Outermost (wind at back)....the inlet at Stage would be unprotected I think, unless you hunker down in front of the sand dunes around the corner. Surf is a posibility but may be more dangerous than usual. Harding's might be OK for right handers and you can run to your car to warm up :-) . If all is bad....FishHawk will introduce you to a bowl of hot chowder and an mushroom and onion burger at Squires :-)
Best of luck to all......given the accuracy of the weathermen this season, you may wind up with sunny skies and calm conditions....I've been down 4 times this year and the predictions were not even close.
05-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I just don't understand this....the weather is usually GORGEOUS when I'm on duty for a weekend, and SUCKS when I have the weekend free to fish....guess patterns don't persist for a lifetime...sorry guys!!! Hopefully my karma will still overpower the weather gods and give the clavers some windows of opportunity. If not, I look forward to hitching up with some of you next weekend (3 days off...YAHOOO!!!!).
Doc Shep :hihi:
05-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Doc. With the weather prediction for the remander of the week being rain, perhaps your luck will shine over Memorial Day weekend. I made a few calls earlier this AM (Sat) to a few brave fly flingers and was told by both I made the right move staying home. Sure will miss the gathering. Best wishes to all.
05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, I was going to leave Boston around 6:30 after seeing one son leave for the senior prom... steady rain here now......but... I decided that I did not want to drive down in the rain only to drive back tomorrow morning. It was hard...looking forward to seeing everyone...but I will see most of you this spring and summer.
05-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Conditions were miserable out there today, but hardly noticed it was raining with fish coming on almost every cast :lildevl: . Epic numbers of fish caught today for those who braved the elements. Mostly micros with some 24-28" mixed in the bunch....
05-22-2005, 09:22 AM
You really must get to work on the weather. :)
I will be arriving in Catham from Europe in 2 weeks and expect that the weather will be good.
Can you not send Adrian off somewhere. Maybe he could go salmon fishing. It is much better when the weather is poor. :hihi: