Spring Clave Boaters? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring Clave Boaters?

Smcdermott
05-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Anyone planning on bringing their boat to the clave? I am 50/50 on the idea so just looking for some input as to whether its worth it to trailer it out this weekend. Originally I was thinking of trying the bayside on Sunday but water temps on the charts still look pretty cold. I assume Stage Harbor would be the ramp with the best access to SB and Monomoy.

TIA,
Sean

Hawkeye
05-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Mine is getting a new gas tank and sole so I obviously wont be towing it along.

JimW
05-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm also up in the air. I can tell you that the stage harbor ramp is tough to back down and there is not much parking. You might be better off at Barn hill but I don't know how the channels are. If you go out of Stage remember it's a sharp left after exiting the inlet I'm actually thinking of either hitting my local ramp in the AM (livelining macks :eek: ) or trying the southside of the cape.

Anyone know if the squid thing is cranking yet?

I took the boat last year and parking at the motel was not a problem. Most of the fish we found were in the tub so a yak is something I'm kicking around this year. I'd like to get out on the boat but would enjoy fishing with the gang. My 2-hander skills, how should I put this - mmmmmm Suck but I keep trying, maybe I can pick up some pointers on the beach. I also find when put in a (sink or swim) (cast or don't catch) I seem to pull it together.

Still up in the air. I'll make a post to keith about the state of the channels, last time we were there you had to stay on plane trimmed up in a couple of spots or risk grounding, only during low tide.

Adrian
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I was thinking maybe hauling the yak up - opens up lots of possibilities afloat and ashore with the gang.

A good workout before the feast wouldn't hurt either :smokin: