Some things are just for us... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Some things are just for us...

juro
05-16-2005, 04:17 PM
As the season starts to rev' up...

Many of us have shared many things and received many things from other anglers over the years in this society we call the Flyfishing Forum. I am no exception, both in terms of giving and getting too.

Some of these things are general knowledge and it doesn't matter if we yak it up on the website all day... but some very special things we have learned are for those who actually show up, contribute, participate - not just evesdrop on line.

So when there is something special you'd learned from a Forum brother, celebrate it with your close friends and sons, laugh out loud at claves around the campfire, but let's try to preserve some of the magic of these shared secrets as what they truly are - offerings among friends, not public knowledge.

That's why we have claves, to share secrets with those who show up. It's like Las Vegas - what happens on the beach during the clave stays on the beach. :cool:

thanks

jimS
05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Well said. Amen, brother. See ya soon on an undisclosed location

striblue
05-16-2005, 08:17 PM
10-4....got it.

FishHawk
05-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Hear you lound and clear . What happens is we tend to get excited and spill the beans . Thanks for your imput. FishHawk :smokin:

kennebecfly
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
As it should be, :D

FrankF
05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
It is only fair. Enough said.

ssully
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
As the season starts to rev' up...

Many of us have shared many things and received many things from other anglers over the years in this society we call the Flyfishing Forum. I am no exception, both in terms of giving and getting too.

Some of these things are general knowledge and it doesn't matter if we yak it up on the website all day... but some very special things we have learned are for those who actually show up, contribute, participate - not just evesdrop on line.

So when there is something special you'd learned from a Forum brother, celebrate it with your close friends and sons, laugh out loud at claves around the campfire, but let's try to preserve some of the magic of these shared secrets as what they truly are - offerings among friends, not public knowledge.

That's why we have claves, to share secrets with those who show up. It's like Las Vegas - what happens on the beach during the clave stays on the beach. :cool:

thanks

You're kidding me right?

striblue
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Sean.. where have you been?... you know that you need to let me know when you can get down to Chatham..I expect to hear from you and get Terry to "try" and leave the north shore.

ssully
06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Hi John,

Well of course you know the old saying, "Never leave fish to find fish". It's tough to leave them when they're hanging 6" over the end of the yard stick and have mouths like 5 gallon pails. :wink: Hopefully we'll get down there soon.

sul

striblue
06-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, you know that you are always welcome, and You have a place to stay...I think Terry will want to make sure his bamboo surf rod is still in good shape.

ssully
06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Thank you John I hope to take you up on the offer.

I forgot to mention I saw a guy take a nice sleigh ride in his yak Saturday. He was busting a smile ear to ear.

striblue
06-12-2005, 11:10 PM
I have always told Terry I wanted to meet up on the north shore but have been negligent. I miss all the original guys on the forum. Maybe someday we will get together.

chromer
06-13-2005, 05:31 AM
You're kidding me right?

Yep :lildevl:

(It's working)