Sb inside [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sb inside

CSJ60
05-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Lots of fish today, 40+ fish with a mixed bag from 12" to 26". Hit a couple of pods all in the 22" - 26" range. Most of the 20+ came from L to J. Bigger fish will be here any day.

Paxton
05-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the report...you must have braved some wind and were rewarded!!! Were the fish you saw up on the flats, or still on the edges of the drop??? Just curious as at this time last yr, they weren't coming up high on the flats yet.
Ron

jimS
05-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Craig & Ron, glad you guys are doing the early scouting for the folks that can't get there for another week or two. Looking forward to fishing with both of you! By then, you should have it dialed in for the wannabees. Out to north yet?

FishHawk
05-16-2005, 05:28 AM
I hit an inside spot on foot did not take the shuttle. Lots of small guys. Ron you know where. My timing was off and the cold wind made me bail early. Great to get out. Craig great report. FishHawk :smokin:

CSJ60
05-16-2005, 08:21 AM
No pods on the flats yet, I did see a couple of singles. The fish are on the edge.

Paxton
05-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks...2 warm days in a row and hopefully they'll come up on the flats. That might be August this year :-)

BigDave
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
We need some sun and sustained wind direction out of the SW. I would bet they are up on the flats but it doesn't matter if you can't spot them.

striblue
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Same result for me yesturday. I met up with Ron Simon who goes by the handle "CRegalis" on the NJ. Striper board. Hitched a ride with the Orvis school charter... who cancelled so the guy took us out and we fished the inside (Jack Wishart had that class)...windy... back out tomorrow with Three students. Fish everywhere.... Fished a bit on the ocean but cloudy so I did not was to beat the water unless we could see fish pods....