Chatham,5/14 am [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham,5/14 am

FredA
05-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Was going to fish the river by the house but decided I needed to see the light. Lots of bait sized schoolies along the beach. One after another by the rocks. Wandered around for a looksee and picked up a few more, couldn't get away from them.

Bring your 3 wgt.

striblue
05-14-2005, 08:33 AM
That's good to hear...I will be on South beach Sunday after 12.

bonefishmon
05-15-2005, 07:09 AM
John. Have you been out to the break or J bouy yet? What are your findings. Looking forward to your report.

Phil

jimS
05-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Fred, thanks for the info on Chatham. I'll be there beginning the 28th. Lets get together for coffee, and after fishing, a Kalik. See ya soon.

rooster
05-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Walt and Tommy fished Morris Island the morning and picked up a few. Largest was 26 ".
So, they are off to a great start.
See you when you arrive Jim, give me a shout on the cell.
DK

juro
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome back Roostah! Try not to pierce all the lips out there before Sat :)

FishHawk
05-17-2005, 04:33 AM
Rooster did you use Walt's secret crab fly? FishHawk :lildevl:

rooster
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey Guys,
Didn't mean to mislead anyone. I am still in CA. Walt/Tommy arrived W.Dennis late Sunday night to begin the annual maintenance of the "West Dennis Annex of the Chatham Anglers Club", affectionately referred to as the "annex" by a flightless bird. I checked the copyright of CAC with a certain Beantown lawyer and he assured me that no laws have been broken and that I am allowed to use the "annex" name! I just can't use the fez for photos, so I will be taking photos of guests carrying the "big blue cooler, or "coolah" as my New England Buddies would pronounce it!
With that said, Walt called me last night with a fish report. I arrive the Cape on Friday night and hope to see many smiling faces on Saturday.
Cheers,
DK

FredA
05-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I'll be there beginning the 28th. Lets get together for coffee, and after fishing, a Kalik. See ya soon.

Jim, you'll be there for a month, right? Looks like I'll be travelling for a week or two and will miss Memorial Day weekend. That's the bad part. Good part is I'll probably have a little comp time to use in June. Should we import some Klickklaks?

Anybody got a 6 wgt travel outfit I can borrow? :lildevl:

Is Nick back from his honeymoon? Need some reconn. :wink:

jimS
05-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Fred, I've got a 6wt travel rod you can use, if you want. What for? I'll get the kliks if you get the single malt. Yup, I'm there for a month. After 6 p.m., here's my cell 814.671.1768. See ya.

striblue
05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Saw Walt and met Tom today on the way back from South Beach... lots of schoolies and Walt said Tom got a 31...one of my students..first timer.. nails a 26 or 27 incher....problem is it's still like November out there...everyone with hoods and some with stocking hats...had to wear my waders....

rooster
05-17-2005, 11:18 PM
you know it's cold when ironman wears rubber pants!
Rooster