SPRING CLAVE VICTUALS [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: SPRING CLAVE VICTUALS

Chris
05-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Now that the roster is more or less set, 24 are confirmed with a few might shows, I'd like to get a sense of who would like to bring what for the feed bag and what we'll need to get locally.

Does anyone remember how many grilles we used and what per head we kicked in for local grub last year??

FredA and the missus- 2
John Morin (Striblue)- 1
Big Dave- 1
Chris, Drew + Ian- 3
FishHawk- 1
FrankF- 1
Jimmy (Porkslice)- 1
Adrian- 1
Jim (Reely)- 2
Gregg (Hawkeye)- 1
Steve (Doc)- 1
Sean (smcdermott)- 1
Phil (Bonefishmon)- 3
Dennis (Rooster), Walt+ Tommy - 3
jfbasser and his wife- 2

Drew and I will bring charcoal and lighter.SPRING CLAVE VICTUALS

juro
05-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Chris -

Count me in again, and I will do the food planning like last year with you. We did it last year for just over $10 per head believe it or not!

The best option is steak tips marinated (Stubbs marinade last year) because they go a long way and are great eats. Kabobs to get the veggies in with the meats - easy. Pilaf for starch, potato and macroni salad, and you have a Sat night feast.

Appetizers: last year Fred brought smoked bluefish, I brought grilled littlenecks with dill butter sauce, Dave17 brought tuna tartare, etc.

Don't mean to hijack it, but I am here to help.

FredA
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
As stated elsewhere, I'll bring smoked fish and the fixins.

FishHawk
05-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll bring some large trash bags. FishHawk

rooster
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I'll be glad to help with the prep and cooking.
Can't wait to see all you old salty dogs again!
DK

porkslice
05-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I will bring some libations. :redface:

Porkslice

grizz0707
05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
hope to leave PA at 1pm arrive ? will bring some poidy oil :chuckle:

Cascade
05-12-2005, 08:03 AM
I just wish I was going too ! :(

reely
05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I'll bring some wine.

jim

Chris
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Juro,
Glad you will be able to make it. I wasn't sure with the back and forth on the dates. Not knowing who else might get this part going and with the day drawing nigh I just figured I'd continue with it. We can hit the store together after we roll in off the water Saturday.

The last word from Dave17 was he couldn't make it this year so if anyone else wants to bring the tuna jump on in.

So far...and I realize some have already said what they're bringing I just wanted to get anyone else who thought they might thinking about it and jumping in.

Chris- Charcoal + Cookies
FredA- Smoked Fish
Grizz0707- Dessert and P.O.
Hawkeye- Cobbler
GregD- Shrimp
JimW- Cesar salad and the dutch oven

JimW
05-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm in for Saturday the 21st.
Will attend the cookout.
Bringing Cesar salad and the dutch oven.
Won't be staying over.

juro
05-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I say we assemble around 7pm for appetizers to allow for afternoon fishing without getting cut short.

(I'd even go later but not sure how others would feel about 8pm)

Dave17
05-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Starting to look like I can make it this weekend :biggrin: !! Can I jump on board with anyone else for accomodations? Can't wait to get out there :smokin:

Dave

rooster
05-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Chris,
Can we add one more? Rich Fughman arrived the Cape the other day and would like to attend. He came last year.
So now my total would be 4, Dennis (rooster), Walt, Tommy, Rich.
See you guys on Sat.
Thanks,
DK

Adrian
05-17-2005, 07:39 AM
I'll bring a selection of cheeses and other appetizer stuff - maybe a glass of something to wash it down with ......

Doc Duprey
05-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Mrs. Doc has the oven fired up, so I'll be bringing fresh-baked breads to go with Adrian's cheese selection.

-Doc

fliboy
05-18-2005, 04:50 AM
Hope all you folks headed to the Clave have a great time (like that's not gonna happen) and catch a bunch of them Stripahs! I was hoping to make this one, but I knew my schedule was iffy - and I definitely know now, that I won't be able to make this one.

Have a blast!

Dave

Chris
05-18-2005, 06:41 AM
This is shaping up to be quite a shindig.

We will be arriving Friday afternoon fo anyone wanting to hook up for a scouting forray.

It looks as if there will be a good assortment of grazing goodies provided by many attending so I am going to end the listing of it all here and feel confident there will be plenty. Thanks to all who are brining something.

Last year we all kicked in 10 bucks each for the main fare, kabobs- chicken and beef with veggies- Little necks, etc. so all attending plan on that.

Juro, want to meet at Stop & Shop on the way back from fishing to pick up stuff and save a trip back to the store? Let me know if this works for you. PM me if you need if not I'll see you Saturday. I think you have my latest cell # 207-205...

Chris
05-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Mrs. Doc has the oven fired up, so I'll be bringing fresh-baked breads to go with Adrian's cheese selection.

-Doc

All are welcomed. See ya there.

Chris
05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Starting to look like I can make it this weekend :biggrin: !! Can I jump on board with anyone else for accomodations? Can't wait to get out there :smokin:

Dave

Glad you'll make it Dave. Feel free to bring some of that tuna again, that was a big hit last year. If you can't no sweat just glad you're coming.

A couple of guys were looking to split a room. Look back on both threads I think Jim- Porkslice- and at least one other were looking to split a room.

juro
05-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Juro, want to meet at Stop & Shop on the way back from fishing to pick up stuff and save a trip back to the store? Let me know if this works for you. PM me if you need if not I'll see you Saturday. I think you have my latest cell # 207-205...

Sounds good, but if possible I will stop at Costco meats for the tips (quality / price). I usually go to Ring Bros in Dennis for meats, but that will be out of the way unless Fred is going there for the 'secret sauce'. If there are any changes I will let you know ahead of time.

Little necks come from Chatham Fish and Lobster Co., who by the way does the smoked fish Fred and I bring as well.

seuss
05-19-2005, 07:30 AM
for the health, safety, and general well being of all clave attendees, I will not be bringing any prepared foods.

Chris, are there any other gaps in the preparations that I might be able to cover...paper plates, napkins, utensils, condiments or the like?

FredA
05-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Juro,
I will be going to Ring Bros. for the smoked fish of the day. If there is something you'd like me to pick up, let me know.

striblue
05-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I will only be able to make the Dinner since I need to be home in Boston on Saturday Morning...But let me know if there are any needs... Also... I would have CAC available early Sunday Morning for those who want to fish. I would have coffee and some Bagels, and some Quick breakfast foods. I would have a variety of coffees and "real" cream for the coffee. So.. CAC would be serving from 4 or 5 am on so that all have time for the ferry.. Let me know. That's the least I can do if there is nothing else to bring to the dinner. If no one thinks that will work I will not get the stuff on Saturday for Sunday morning...( I know some of you will opt for Larry's PX for Breakfast).Just let me know.

Chris
05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Seuss,
Plates, napkins and plasticware would be helpful.
Thanks

Slinger
05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
This spring has been a disaster as far as boats, with the new boat in the yard and still no keys and the old tin still in the shop. Except for the kindness of friends I surly would have gone insane by now. This weekend it looks like I`m wading again. Would it be OK for a ragged wanderer to stop by on Sat evening? I had the last 3 days off but have to work Fri night and then I`m off, only God knows where. I was thinking I might stumble up that direction.
Slinger

Chris
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Come on up. People. Peolple will be coming and going all weekend.

Smcdermott
05-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I am out on this one. With the forecast I just think my neck of the woods has the better odds this weekend. I hope I am wrong and you guys have a blood bath on your hands.

Sean

JimW
05-20-2005, 05:19 AM
As of right now the weather is not looking good -
MARINE WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
415 AM EDT FRI MAY 20 2005

...A LATE SEASON COASTAL STORM WILL BRING GALE FORCE WINDS AND HIGH
SEAS TO THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND COASTAL WATERS THIS WEEKEND...

LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING IN THE MID ATLANTIC STATES IS EXPECTED TO
STRENGTHEN INTO A GALE CENTER AS IT PASSES SOUTHEAST OF NEW ENGLAND
SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

NORTHEAST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 KTS SATURDAY
WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 40 KTS. THE STRONGEST WINDS SHOULD OCCUR OVER
THE OUTER COASTAL WATERS FROM PROVINCETOWN TO NANTUCKET AND MONTAUK
POINT.

SEAS WILL BUILD RAPIDLY ON SATURDAY...AND ARE FORECAST TO REACH
HEIGHTS OF 8 TO 12 FEET SOUTH AND EAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY
NIGHT.

THE GALE CENTER IS EXPECTED TO LINGER NEAR THE NEW ENGLAND COAST ON
SUNDAY...EITHER OFF THE COAST OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS OR SOUTHERN
MAINE. THIS WILL MAINTAIN GALE FORCE WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS INTO EARLY
NEXT WEEK.

The forecast could be wrong and the fishing could be very good pre storm as it often is. Once this wind honks for a few hours the water usually gets dirty. I may still make it for the cookout, have to play it by ear. If the food has already been purchased let me know and I'll settle up.

seuss
05-20-2005, 06:17 AM
10-4. Consider it done.

Seuss,
Plates, napkins and plasticware would be helpful.
Thanks

Chris
05-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Well whats one more crappy weekend- weather wise- in this long string of crappy weekends. We'll just have to find a leeward spot and tough it out. The last few days were supposedto have been lousy here and were bluebird so screw the weather man and bring on the fish!!!

Juro,
Give me a shout if you need me to do anything else or if you want to meet somewhere to finish up on the provisions. We'll be down sometime early this evening if anyone is going to be around give me a shout.

Anyone who will be in this evening and wants to get together drop me a PM by noon and I'll get back to you with my cell#.

FredA
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I should be down by 7:00pm tonight. If anybody wants to stop by, have a ginger ale or tie a fly give me a call at 508-394-9230.