Look who's bday... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Look who's bday...

juro
04-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Hawkeye -

Since the start you have been a big part of the forum as your brother has as well... the Estes have left a legacy with us that I have a feeling is just getting rev'ved up.

As spring arrives, I have to wonder what the Estes will be up to this year!

Happy birthday bro.

striblue
04-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes.. Happy B-day. I remember years ago ...at dawn.... at the light house... I was rapping up and the Bros were just starting their day... miles and miles of walking... and then the bueatiful boat they built...I still have the old reel that I traided Gregg for.... a CAC classic... Happy B-day... and don't forget you always have a place to crash in Chatham...

Quentin
04-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Happy Birthday Gregg! FWIW, you'll always have the (possibly dubious) honor of being the first person to teach me to cast a flyrod :chuckle: .

Q

Hawkeye
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much guys. I was in NY building some furniture with PapaG this weekend and missed your birthday missives. The big 40 for me! Dang the seasons just seem to slide by don't they?

On the boat front we will be putting in a larger custom made gas tank and replacing the lower sole followed by some painting. Boat building never seems to end!

Quentin, I hope I didn't impart too many bad habbits for you to overcome :rolleyes:

See you on the water - the first hint of action and I will be patroling the beach south of the Chatham Lighthouse. I just hope the seals give me a chance.