0 for 4.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 0 for 4....

Dble Haul
04-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Well I got some pike fishing in today. Absolutely gorgeous, although a bit too windy for my liking.

I was 0 for 4 on pike hits, missing 3 completely and breaking off the 4th at the nail knot connection. :mad:

I did however manage to land a few largemouth, and had an enormous carp on for about half a minute.

The warmup for Ontario continues..... :cool:

Quentin
04-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Mark, you did better than I did with the pike. I hear ya about the wind. I was fishing from shore the last couple nights and the wind was harsh off the cold water. I did catch a few small bass though, so it was worth it. Are you going to get out this weekend? Should be awesome :smokin: . I'll probably try for carp tomorrow and pike on Sunday.

What did you get the carp on? C'mon, let's hear the story!

Q

Dble Haul
04-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I always carry a few rods with me on the boat rigged for different species that I might encounter. Today I had the 10 and 9 weights loaded up for pike, and had the 7 with me in case I came across any bass. As luck would have it, a pair of carp were rooting around and the 7 weight had a brown wooly bugger on it. First cast, two strips in front of the lead fish, and it took just like it was supposed to. :smokin:

My guess was about 15 pounds, and the second fish (one I didn't hook) was even bigger, perhaps 18 pounds. It was fun while it lasted. :D

Anne wants to go out on the boat Sunday, so that probably means hitting the local perch and crappie pond so that she can have a few fish stretch her flyline. It's supposed to be in the low 70s here this weekend. :cool: