yachtsmans guide to the bahamas [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: yachtsmans guide to the bahamas

juro
04-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Anyone have this book?

I am going to buy it from Sean's other website (Amazon.com) but was wondering if the older used editions have more of the charm as seen in Harry Kline's hand sketches of Acklins (only heaven is better) or do the current ones (2005) still include those old maps?

thanks in advance

FredA
04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if cousin Herb has an old copy. Used to do a lot bareboat charters in the Bahamas and the Carribean. And he can't pass up such books when he comes across them. I'll check if I get down the Cape this weekend.

acklinsboy
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Juro, I found a copy of yachtsman's guide to the Bahamas; 2005 version. (at a store on New Providence) I don't know yet how helpful that will be re: the old charm of Acklins.

However you got me thinking! On my shelves I found a 1970 version of the the Bahamas handbook. Relative to Acklins it says 'the 60-mile liong island in the southern Bahamas is one of the least known in the chain........

Very little else.

Based on that I do believe that the 2005 yachts' guide will be helpful....... any year..............For very little has changed in Acklins!!!