Peerless No 6 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Peerless No 6

SteelieMike
04-11-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing a Peerless No 6 for one of my spey rods--I've fished the Peerless, Bogdan and the Hardy Bougle' (re-issue) and found I preferred the Peerless--mainly because of price and asthetics--just wondering if anyone has any input in regards to durability--it will get fished quite often.

Streamer
04-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi SteelieMike,

I have no experience (unfortunately) with fishing the Peerless reels, but have you ever concidered the Mohlin of Sweden reels? I know people who have fished with their Mohlin reels for 15 years without problems, so durability must be good....

<edited by ADMIN>

Tight Lines! >>> Streamer

Streamer: Please re-read the policy you agreed to at sign up. Thanks.

jyh
01-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Yes, outstanding quality. I still use my 1982 model.

BLACK FRANCIS
01-25-2007, 06:54 AM
the peerless no 6 is a very well built reel that will take hard use for a lifetime. i don't know how they are in the salt, or if you had intentions for such. the capicity is great for up to about an 8 wt spey (150+) or a nine with about 125 of 30#. if you need more capicity the no 4 spey reel has tons. it will hold about any line out there with 200 yrds. it is a click pawl system though and maybe a touch light for rods over 14'. Charlie one of the moderators here has had a no 6 for years and maybe he will chime in.