Chatham Light [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Light

striblue
04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
The photo's that Penguin posted as well as my own recon of this area seem to bring back thoughts of the area 4 years ago. We now see a bueatiful access, unimpeded, to the Pleasant bay outflows all along that new sand bar which used to be the "Mecca"... access by yak only... we also see some back draft waters on the south side of that flat not to mention access to the outer bars looking south. I am hopeful to see a dawn patrol like we had years ago, before hopping on the 8 am shuttle. I am hopeful that we will now have a Light house beach open again for business as compared to the last several years with the blockage that had built up.... looks perfect right now. .... get ready to make it to bed early for the 4 and 5 am shift on that outgoing tide! see you there.

Penguin
04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
The changes at the Elbowtown Light are noteworthy...
...Waders "optional" !
Who would have thunk ?!

flydoc
04-06-2005, 02:41 PM
John- walked out to the base of the sandbar at low tide on March 26- nice looking hole just south of the base of the bar that looks like it would hold lots of frisky finned friends at high tide. We should check it out some Saturday AM once things warm up a bit more and you're able to make it down to CAC. I'm free the weekends of May 7/8 and Mem Day weekend (three straight days off...YES!!!!). I'll try to make it over there before then to take some recon photos to augment the impressive ones Pete has already posted.
Hope all is well with you and yours,
Doc Shep

Penguin
04-06-2005, 03:06 PM
at the interesting new beach...

O'dark thirty Dawn Patrol...
the dialogue...
Hi Fred...
Hi Pete...
Nice fishy morning!...
Where's John?
Getting our coffee?