The mistake! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The mistake!

Charlie
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Had a bad case of cabin fever this past weekend, so what did I do? I went fishing in what turned out to be one of the nastier sleet and snowstorms to hit the eastern Great Lakes region this year. :eek: Most of the rivers and creeks we looked at where at flood stage but Oak Orchard creek had good visibility despite being about 2 feet higher than I have seen it in a long time. :Eyecrazy: This coupled with the fact that there were only 3 other fishermen there sealed the deal, so we fished there.

Casting was almost impossible because of the wind even with my trusty 12 8wt. (this one is fast becoming one of my favorite bad weather rods). I was proud of my self and my fishing partner Mike because we lasted about 45 minutes in the nasty storm before heading for the Merchant Street Smoke House for some fantastic ribs and tasty beers. :smokin: All in all a perfect day!

Charlie

P.S. We caught nothing. :tsk_tsk:

QuebecSporting
04-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Ouf!!! Charlie
! I felt much better when I read the end of your story and found out you were safe and sound in a bar with a nice cool beer !!!! :hihi:

See you soon!!

Ann

Shaq
04-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Charlie,

And You Call Yourself A Steelheader :tsk_tsk:

I would have lasted at least 50 minutes :biggrin:

Shaq :razz:

peter-s-c
04-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Ya, no kidding, eh! They don't make steelheaders like they used to . . . . :D

Charlie