: Tides and Dates for the Spring Clave

FredA
04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
5/14 late am/mid day lows
5/21 late am/mid day highs

Pick your poison.

juro
04-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes those will give us the morning and evening highs we need for this kind of trip. It might get boring mid-day, so bring a big lunch.

grizz0707
04-05-2005, 09:21 AM
i can make the 14th

Doc Duprey
04-05-2005, 02:28 PM
'Clave? ...Did somebody say 'Clave? :D

I'm good for the 14th and 15th. Where?

Best regards,

-Doc

FishHawk
04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I could do the 14th . The 16th is Ct opening day which I plan to attend. Could also do the 21.FishHawk. :smokin:

Smcdermott
04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Fishawk,

I think Fred was looking at May not April dates. I think CT opening day is April 16th.

Sean

FishHawk
04-05-2005, 04:06 PM
The more I think about this , isn't a little early for a Spring Clave? In the past I think we had the Clave around May 5 or 6th. Unless your talking about the Icebreaker Clave. FishHawk

FishHawk
04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
My bad, I read the post too fast and thought Fred was talking about April. Missed the 5!!! See what you young guys can look forward too. :chuckle:
I any case I could make both dates. In May. FishHawk :smokin:

reely
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
works for me .

flydoc
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, it looks like I'll be out of the Spring Clave for the second straight year. This thing never seems to be planned enough in advance for me to set aside the designated weekend in my schedule. I'm already booked for a medical conference the weekend of the 14th, and I'm on-call the following weekend. I had gotten the mistaken impression from someone about a month ago that the weekend of the 7th was high on the list, so at this time I'm free only that weekend and Mem Day weekend. Guess I'll just have to "wait 'til next year" as us Red Sox fans were so used to saying before last season.... :frown: :frown: :frown:

kennebecfly
04-06-2005, 04:32 AM
I think im good either of those dates,bring it on !! :D

juro
04-06-2005, 06:53 AM
I am out in Oregon for the Sandy River Spey Clave that weekend (5/14-5/15)... my attendance at the Spring Clave is not mandatory but if there was an alternate date I would surely attend.

Count me in as clavemeister as usual for arrangement of lodging etc.

FredA
04-06-2005, 07:42 AM
I just threw the dates and tides out there for discussion. I'm getting a late start on yard and maintainance chores so the later the better for me. I do like the late am high (5/21) for afternoon bayside fishin at that point in the season. A bluebird day will bring the fish up onto the warmed waters on the flats for some good sight fishing. But it'll probably rain so it won't matter.

The only problem with the week of the 7th is that its Mother's Day weekend. It would work, but I'd be limited to a possible Friday night dinner and a brief fishing stint Saturday am before attending family events.

Chris
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Sounds great Fred glad to have you get the ball rolling on this annual event.

I should be there. This is always a great time. Are the plans to infiltrate the Sone Horse again? Thay worked out real well last year. I will contact them for information.

The way things are going it looks as if I'll have plenty of time on my hands. I blew out another disc in January- degeniterive disc disease- and I've been trying to nurse it back so I can retrun to work. I'm not having very good luck though. Had a steroid injection into the disc on Monday and still waiting to see results. This treatment has low success rates though some get dramatic results however because of the very low risk it was worth trying. I still plan to fish as much as I can tolerate.

Anyway lets see about having a similar gathering and feed as last year. I'm sure we can fill up a fair amount of the inn and get the cob webs out of their grilles.

I emailed the Stone Horse for accomodations and rate information and would be happy to be the point man for reserving rooms and handling that buisness of the clave. I will keep everyone posted as to the Stone Horse info. Feel free to contact me on this issue.

juro
04-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Chris -

I have already contacted Matt at the Stonehorse about the event without specific dates, as I book most of my clients looking for rooms with him through the season as well. I have that part covered with very favorable rates as well but thanks for taking the initiative - there will be many more tasks that need to be taken care of.

In fact that's the ONLY thing I have covered :D

jfbasser
04-06-2005, 09:21 AM
21st sounds good...tides are perfect for breaking fish on Pencil Poppers in the Canal at daybreak :roll: then a quick change of tactics and clothing and a switch to wings on the flats :devil:

Chris
04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Juro-
No sweat. I'm not close but will gladly do what I can to help it go down.

fliboy
04-07-2005, 05:23 AM
I can make the 5/14 or 5/21, but once May 25 rolls around I'm out of the fishing game for 6 weeks. Have an opearation on my foot, and the doc has already told me he doesn't want to find I'm walking around the shore in that six week time frame.

TL,

Dave

Adrian
04-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I like May 21st and will be on the Cape that week-end.

May 14th I am Kayak fishing Jamaica bay New York. North East grand-slams right under the Kennedy Airport flightpath.

Ahhh, jetfuel :lildevl:

rooster
04-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I can make the 5/21 date.
Walt and a couple of my buddies can make either date.
I am ready to check out the new water.
Smalllmouth fishing has been decent out here, ready to hook something larger.
I'll bring the wine. We just bottled 38 cases!
Cheers,
KD :eek:

bonefishmon
04-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm in for the 21st. I have a shoot the previous weekend so this will be perfect. I'm really looking forward to a full weekend of fishing along with meet and greets.
Please tell me what to bring for food or drink.

Phil

Chris
04-12-2005, 08:36 AM
The weekend of the 21st is ok too.
Juro- you'd be free then correct?
Lets try to lock this in so we can book rooms and plan a on feed for Saturday evening. I'd be ok with rounding up the grub and incidentals after fishing. A working list for staples, plates, napkins, charcoal and the like can be worked as soon as we firm up the dates and attendees.

Hey Porkslice, you in?