04-05 Fishing License in Washington Expired 31 March [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 04-05 Fishing License in Washington Expired 31 March

SalmoGairdneri
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Don't forget to get a new one for 2005-2006. Your 04-05 license expired on 31 March.

Cheers.

OC
04-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Purchased two full licenses today for me and the lady. Each license included salt, fresh and shell fish. Almost 100 dollars for the two. I am begining to wonder if it's worth it any more. Steelheading not so good on my winter rivers. The natural and beautiful Hood Canal where I hang out most weekends is closed to all fishing except SRC C&R and some salmon fishing. Crab season is getting shorter every year for the recreational craber while the commercial craber can rape and pillage and shell fish is just holding on.

I've always in the past enjoyed purchasing my license. I've always enjoyed putting up my dollars to help F&G in the states of Mass, Montana and Hawaii those states always did a good job for my concerns. I get discouraged here in Washington and have for years when I see people like Gibbons being in charge of such important departments. Hopefully things will soon change and when I buy a license next year I'll feel good about it again.

Let us all keep the faith.

SalmoGairdneri
04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
I bought licenses for my wife and myself too. I wasn't by any means looking to start a discussion about the merits of the cost etc. - just to remind that you need a license if you want to fish in Washington. I forgot to get mine in advance as I normally do and had to run out late friday night so I could fish saturday.

I don't speak for others, but the cost seems trivial to me to even have a shot at these steelhead & salmon. The per-hour cost is measured in pennies for me.

-t

old man
04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm not into knocking anything,but I also got my license. But being that I'm on the older side I only paid $16.00 and change for the whole ball of wax. Quite a deal for an old man.

Jim

SalmoGairdneri
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Next year, I'm getting you to buy mine for me!

-t

I'm not into knocking anything,but I also got my license. But being that I'm on the older side I only paid $16.00 and change for the whole ball of wax. Quite a deal for an old man.

Jim

tbuehrens
04-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Old man is the reason they have the special price for old folks.....they know he never catches anything so they think it applies to other old folks too.
:tongue:
-Tom