Stripers!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Stripers!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonefishmon
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Tune into the Bayman Outfitters if you do not get their fishing report online. You are not going to believe this is happening. Capt. Dave will fill you in. I think the ice braker may have gone by already! Can you say foot long herring patterns? If you can't, you had better get tying!!!!!! In Dave's case, timing could not have been better.

Phil

Smcdermott
04-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Phil,

I think the title of the report is "April Fools Day Bass" for a reason. I wouldn't go running out for those herring patterns just yet.

Sean

Dble Haul
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Hook, line, and sinker, eh Phil? :hihi: :wink:

bonefishmon
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
GEEEEEEZ!!!!! I'm still suffering from Olympic Penn. jetlag. Happy April Fools Day. More like hook, line and a SUCKER born every minute.!!!!!! LOL!!

Phil

Adrian
04-01-2005, 01:15 PM
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Almost had me going for a second there ......

JimW
04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Phil,
If it makes you feel any better there are herring in the runs but the only thing chasing them right not are marine mamals.

Excellent dry run though - You did the right thing posting here this time. Next time you hear of big fish in my area just call my cell and we'll check the authenticity of the report for a day, :wink: maybe a week before passing it on to the rest of the world.

Smcdermott
04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
So I guess the Ice Breaker is back on then :) .

bonefishmon
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Yup! The ball, I mean Ice Breaker, is on for sure! Gheeez, am I gullable! On another note, I built a seven weight for the twinkies. Looking forward to testing it out.

Phil

Paxton
04-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Phil, Every once and a while, I luck out. If I had read that article, I would have posted for sure :smokin:
Forgive yourself............all of us are just happy it wasn't us! :)
I must admit...it did get my heart beating fast.
See ya on the flats soon.
Ron

bonefishmon
04-02-2005, 12:35 PM
For sure Ron. Of all the people I've fished with over the last year, the one with you was one of my favorites. De Ja Vous this spring? Let's make it a plan. When was that last year? Late may? Got a friend from Montana coming end of May just for the striper fishing.

Phil

Paxton
04-02-2005, 05:59 PM
That was quite the 2 hours!!! :) I believe that we could have taken the pull tab off our zippers and caught fish. I can still see the hoards of sand eels trapped and the fish having a "shark attack" feeding frenzy. I'm not sure we will ever see that again. By the way Phil, that was 2 years ago. Was something I too, will always remember. Let's hope that your buddy has the same experience. Let's plan on the tag team approach again :-)