Some help from some O.P. vet's... Flows... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Some help from some O.P. vet's... Flows...

Feiger
03-29-2005, 12:55 AM
some guidance from some O.P. regulars, particularly the Hoh -
Am hoping to make a trip up there this weekend, friday-monday, to play with some steelhead. Made the same trip last spring, same time, had a blast, and hooked fish. Am watching the recent weather change, as well as the flow guage on the Hoh, and seeing the fluctuations of 1,000-8,000 cfs in a days time, and a slow regression down to the 1500-2000 range. My question is how long does it take for the Hoh to get back in shape after one of these flushes? If the pattern continues, and I'm assuming it will, the point may be mute. But for future reference...
11 hours drive is a long way to go for zero feet visibility... I can get that here on the John Day.....
thanks!
feiger

Moonlight
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
your private messages.

Salmo_g
03-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Feiger,

It depends "where" on the Hoh. It's fishably clear after a couple days of dry weather upstream of the Hulsdonk ranch. Takes a few days more from there to Morgan's and below. I think it takes a week of no more than very light rain in order for it to be fly fishable downstream of 101.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

Feiger
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info! looks like i'll miss the OP this spring.. will have to make up for it at the ocean clave in August!!!
tight lines...
feiger