Easter Outing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Easter Outing

Jimmy
03-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Well I've been off the board too long. The past 4 months I've been preparing for a promotional exam. Took the test last Saturday. :frown: I think I'll be a Lieutenant for life. :( But now that all of that stuff is vinished, it's time to concentrate on what really matters. FISHING!!!! :D
My first trip every year is on Easter Sunday. After church and the egg hunts, I can usually sneak off for a couple of hours and wet a line. In the past, I've been fortunate to land a fish or two. But Easter is early this year. Still, I must continue this tradition. :)
I understand that there have been reports of schoolies at the mouth of the Housie. We'll see. :)

FishHawk
03-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Good luck on your exam. Look forward to seeing you on the Flats this Summer.
FishHawk :smokin:

Penguin
03-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Did Jimmy get out on the water?
Did he feel the tug?
Did his knots hold?
When it was all over...
Did his hands smell of fish?
...Perfect weather for an egg hunt and a line stretch!

Jimmy
03-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Jimmy did not get out..... :frown:
Jimmy did not feel the pull..... :frown:
Jimmy did not need to tie knots...... :frown:
Jimmy got called back to work for a large fire... :Eyecrazy:
Jimmy missed Easter dinner...... :frown:
Jimmy was stuck eating egg salad..... :) (I like egg salad)

But stil had a great day. The girls were alot of fun.

Adrian
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Jimmy

Sorry you didn't get out fishing but it sounds like you had some fun with the family :)

I've been holding off renewing my CT Audubon membership - I must get a key this year!

Then I can dump the kayak right where the worm hatch happens and save 1/2+hour paddling down from Devon :D

After-dark forays around the New Moon can be very rewarding :smokin:

Jimmy
03-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Adrian,

If you stil have your old key I think it will work. They haven't changed the lock in years. :cool: