Your next fishing trip? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Your next fishing trip?

SteelBoneguy
03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Where is your next fishing trip going to be? I will be in the tampa area at the end of April and can't wait. I have a guide booked up already, and depending on what is going on may go for Poons at night. :lildevl: In the mean time I have the spring steel run to keep my VERY happy and busy. Caught my first steel of the season on my first day out and the water was COLD! :Eyecrazy: Big fresh hen nailed an egg sucking leach. She fought great considering how cold the water was.
Where is your next fishing trip, and when do you leave?

mdbones
03-22-2005, 03:23 PM
I will be leaving Tampa on April 1 at 7:30 am for a three day Bonefish trip on GBI. Day one I will be wading, Day two I will be fishing with Perry Demeritte on the East end of the Island and Day three I plan on some more early am wading in the queens cove area until we take off at noon!

I pray that the wind blows from the north at 12 mph, and we have one of those Bluebird April Days!

If you can make sure to utilize the night for a Snook trip under the lights! - Its as close to sightfishing as it gets in the Bay area!

Mike

Adrian
03-22-2005, 08:14 PM
FL Keys and maybe some bits in between Orlando, Miami etc. I had to push my trip out a week to attend a trade show in Orlando - yeah, tough break. :lildevl:

I'll have a couple of day's to kill somewhere between Orlando and Ramrod Key so I'll probably be wetting a line 'en route'... :smokin:

JusBones
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
ABACO ! 16-26 APRIL !!! Fishing Cherokee Sound and the Marls......do other folks dream of fishing before your trips or do I need therapy ??? Last night I dreamed I took a 75lb PERMIT....obviously a dream... :chuckle:

teflon_jones
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I don't have plans for any bonefishing trips right now. :(

My only fishing trip I have planned right now is a smallmouth trip up in Maine in June. :smokin:

rogerstg
03-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Cozumel at end of April and Martha's Viineyard in June.

bcasey
03-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Andros Island Bonefish Club, This Saturday till next! :razz:

Henry
03-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Can't wait to get a few bones under my belt...as well as a few Kalik's and conch salads. Life doesn't get any better.

Henry

JusBones
03-26-2005, 09:25 AM
22 DAYS !!!! I hate you Henry !!!! :hihi:

gammarus
03-26-2005, 03:20 PM
ARRRgh! I'll be holed up here until November. I'm heading back to Hopkin's Village in central Belize. DIY Tarpon and guided Permit fishing. I'm hoping to get recertified for diving as well.

Vince
03-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Henry, I arrive the day you leave. But I'm only there for 21 days. Save some bones for me!

Where are you staying?

jjonas
03-26-2005, 09:43 PM
I got 28 days in Abaco starting in May.

Henry
03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
We're staying at the Duck Inn in Govenor's...4th time! Eleuthera will never have a shortage of fish...just a shortage of bitters!!!...LOL...or so many people believe. I love a challenge!

Henry

profota
03-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm heading down to Ascension Bay May 1st-25th to fish for bones, permit, snook, tarpon etc. May 1st can't get here quick enough for me. But to fill in the time, trout fishing here in Colorado is red hot right now.

Have a great trip everyone and post reports when you get back.

Tim :cool:

JohnM
03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Andros in May and Grand Bahama in October.....and hopefully, will be able to squeeze in Acension Bay in late November.....

fishingd0
03-29-2005, 04:32 AM
The River Dee at Aboyne. Arriving on the 3rd of April at a river side cottage. Word has it there is a very strong sprin run at the monent and the water levels are remaining favourable.

Oh Yes!! :smile:

daverob
04-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Trailering my ActionCraft to Islamorada (actually lower matecube) from mid April 'til the end of May. Looking forward to the Tarpon, HUGE bones, Gosling's rum and NOOOOOOOOOOO work!

Capt. Mel Simpson
04-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Just got back home from 2 weeks in the Keys, huge bonefish in the Upper Keys!

Will fish in my neighborhood for the next 4 weeks for redfish and snook and then leave for my 2 months of fishing for the Giant Tarpon at Homosassa, May 1.

Good Stuff!

Mel

petevicar
04-03-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm trying to go to Los Roques on April 16.
Fabulous fishing.

Pete