Boston early in May [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boston early in May

Tarpon_Chaser
03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Hi Guys

I'll be in Boston on business early in May - have never fished that part of the world before and I'd appreciate any information that will be helpful, especially concerning places to fish (shore access) and what to target (I suppose stripers?).

Thanks
T_C

Penguin
03-22-2005, 11:04 AM
That being said...
May might be a bit early for the more robust striper fishing but...
A few of the Forum sponsors specialize in the Boston Harbour and surrounding areas...
Your best bet to connect with success would be to contact them directly for some sound advice and, the possibilities for a guided day on the water.

Tarpon_Chaser
03-23-2005, 08:50 AM
thanks for that

Bob Reynolds
03-24-2005, 04:36 PM
That being said...
May might be a bit early for the more robust striper fishing but...
A few of the Forum sponsors specialize in the Boston Harbour and surrounding areas...
Your best bet to connect with success would be to contact them directly for some sound advice and, the possibilities for a guided day on the water.

I was just checking out this Penguinia area on the web. Looks like a GREAT place to fish !!!

Aerodynamically Yours, Bob R.

Penguin
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
I suppose there are "worse" places to have to wet/stretch a line!?...

billg
03-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Early May is just a bit early for stripers in the Boston area. I usually fish for them around the 24th of May in the mouth of the Merrimack River which is just north of Boston.

There is a good run of shad in the Merrimack in early May, though. It actually gets going in April so you could give that a try if you would like. I did that for the first time ever last year and had a blast (I filmed a t.v. show). Al Montello guides on the Merrimack (he took us out) and does a great job.

Bill Greiner