Sage 586-2 SP, excellent condition [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sage 586-2 SP, excellent condition

MauiJim
03-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I have a factory Sage 586-2 SP (Graphite IV, Durascrim), with original tube and sock, in excellent condition- this rod has hardly been fished. There are a few light scratches and slight darkening of the cork, but this rod is in great shape. It's sad for me to part with it, but since I rarely use it I hope someone here could give it a good home.
You can view a number of photos here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v230/MauiJim/Sage%20586-2%20SP/

I've tried to get a good range of photos to show it's great condition, including some full sunlit shots.

I've seen these rods go from $325 to $400, I'd like to get $325... thanks for looking!

MauiJim
03-16-2005, 02:59 AM
Hi everyone,

The price for the 586-2 SP has been reduced to $280... this is a steal for the perfect dry fly/nymphing/all around trout rod! Check out the pictures above to see its great condition...

MauiJim
03-23-2005, 01:10 AM
New price guys... now $245. I've had some guys comment on this rod, saying that it's crisper and lighter than the 9ft SPs, especially this earlier model with the green wood real seat-- definitely a great all-around trout rod. I've even got a CFO III click-and-pawl reel that would go great with it... let me know if you're interested.

thanks,
Jim