TFO rods? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: TFO rods?

SteelBoneguy
03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experince w/ the TFO rod especially the heavier weight models 10, 11, 12 wt rods? How they casts? Did you like em? Good buy? What you thought overall.

FLGator
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
The TFO TiCr X series of rods cast and fish equally to any other rod on the market. Their workmanship is also outstanding. On Dan Blanton's web site you will find many, many favorable comments on all of the TFO rods >8wt. A friend of mine is getting rid of his Winstons and replacing virtually his entire arsenal of single handed 8-12 wt rods with the TFO's (three of Lefty's signature series and one 'X'). The warranty is outstanding as well.

Mike at the Red Shed Fly Shop (www.redshedflyshop.com) is now a TFO dealer, a sponsor of this site, and hands down offers the best customer service in the business. Send him an e mail and I'm sure he can hook you up with what you are looking for.

Great buy and performance at any price.

Chris

Swalt
03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a 12, its a strong stick and maybe the best for the money. The only thing I do not like about it is that it does not have a fore grip.