Fly Fishing Forum banner

Promise of Spring

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I`m going to step out of character and let sentiment take over here. In Jan for my 33rd anniversary, we went to see an incredibly talented singer at the Caberet, she even signed a cd for us.
There`s one song in particular that has made it possible to get thru this neverending winter. It`s called " Waters of March " and I play it over and over. The best line " And the river sings of the waters of March, it`s a promise of life , a promise of spring, it`s a joy in your heart. "
If you look closely you can see the promise growing, it`s there under all this snow. In the reddening of the buds, in the tinkle of running water, in the lenghening daylight, in the chirping of the birds. It`s a joy in your heart.
Now to return to being a CantAnchorUs SOB.... Winter sucks!
Slinger

#2 ·
Decidedly...

Lots more light these daze...
...although the "tinkle" seems to be somewhat frozen solid and covered with snow...
SPRING is on the way!
When I have my morning coffee, the sun has moved on the horizon and streams through a certain window (...hits me in the face) just like last fall...
Makin' good progress!
Slinger...you've got it right!
Just NO "show tunes"...PLEEEZE!
ThankYou! :wink:

#4 · (Edited)
Nothing tinkling around the Middleside, Slinger....except for the windchimes on the porch that I could not retrieve prior to the first snow....Regarding daylight in the window...I have always felt that the rate of change of daylight this time of year provides the perkiness and not the length of the day...This time of the year those rays do not shine on the same spot on the table day after day so each day brings a more positive note than the prior day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.