DNA free Super Hair Candy Notions... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: DNA free Super Hair Candy Notions...

Penguin
03-01-2005, 10:29 PM
I found some pink/mylar paper at a craft shop and thought it might be interesting...
But...the pearl mylar gill plates I got from Smitty at the RodBuildersWorkshop seem more fishy and have my vote...
...18 more daze 'till official SPRING (despite the latest foot of snow) and a striped focus group will have to decide for themselves!
Early arrivals 25 April +/- ?!

Slinger
03-02-2005, 01:50 AM
I like the one with the pink in it. Pink is allways hot in the salt. Pete, where ya been? Missed you at the Den and SWE fair, there seems to be a comm. blackout in area 61! Scott at the Den has the tubing you asked for, he`s been expecting you.
Slinger

FishHawk
03-02-2005, 04:25 AM
I second the vote on the pink one. Pink works for me I try to put a little pink in most of my flies.Nice looking flies.
FishHawk :smokin:

jamie
03-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Agree that the fly with the pearl mylar look more realistic; however pink does seem to be a hot colour with fish, why is that?

Some of the guys in the Uk are beginning to worry me with their fascination for pink fly tying materials :whoa:

clouser UK
03-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Nice flies !

Go with the pearl mylar, looks more lifelike :)

Though tie some pink as well , just in case!!

Dave :wink:

Adrian
03-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Lefty says, "....why would you try to immitate a camouflage system that natural selection has spent millions of years perfecting....?" The corrollary being a perfect immitation would never get eaten because the fish wouldn't see it - i.e. you really fooled that fish :hihi:

I like pink too - although in moderation these daze :smokin:

Smcdermott
03-02-2005, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Adrian]Lefty says, "....why would you try to immitate a camouflage system that natural selection has spent millions of years perfecting....?" The corrollary being a perfect immitation would never get eaten because the fish wouldn't see it - i.e. you really fooled that fish :hihi:QUOTE]

I think this is one of the main reasons I am a big fan of impressionistic flies. I think we as anglers are often too concerned with how the fly looks to us and to compound things often compare it to how the bait looks outside of the water. I think action, size and then color are really the most important factors (there are obviously exceptions). Figure out what thing triggers the bite and then replicate that not neccessarily the exact look of the bait.

Sean