MONOMOY- FED MEETING-NEED HELP !!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: MONOMOY- FED MEETING-NEED HELP !!!!

striblue
02-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Bill Perry of the CCP group of the US Fish and Game wants me to organized up to 12 Flyfishermen, or other fisherman ,to get together with him and other reps of the Service BEFORE a public Meeting to be scheduled in April...don't ask me I don't have a date on that... I need VOLUNTEERS to come with me to the Refuge and discuss issues relevent to Fishermen in connection with the future Management of the statutory uses already law. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT for those who fish Monomoy, he would like about 12, but we will make due with what we can come up with. I scheduled with him a tentative meeting for 2 PM , March 22 at the refuge to do this...(I have a tying session schduled that evening at Fishing The Cape)BUT, I need you guys as volunteers and we can RESHEDULE for an evening to accomdate working guys. I can open CAC for those who want to stay over night. I know Pete is on the Cape and so are others... PLEASE RESPOND! I will go alone if I have too but we need bodies.... We can meet at the Squire for dinner, etc.... so, I need to get your schedules and if that March 22 date does not work, we can pick a date where most can show up and do it at night.

FredA
02-22-2005, 07:54 PM
That's Acklins week. If you don't get a quorum and you do reschedule I'll show up.

KMcFly
02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I'll be available keep me posted

jimS
02-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm with Fred. If you reschedule for a later date, I'll be there. This is too important to defer on.

Simms

flydoc
02-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be there for the tying session at FTC on the 22nd, but we'll have to do the meeting in the evening sometime, as my only afternoons are Wednesdays and weekends. I'll be in Florida from the 12th to the 20th, trying my luck at snook, seatrout, and redfish in the Sarasota area (too early for tarpon, too far north for bones). See ya on the 22nd...
Doc Shep

juro
02-23-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm also unavailable that date, but very urgently interested in attending. What are the possibilities for alternate dates?

striblue
02-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Very much so. we can see how many we can get and maybe plan for an evening if that works...I just though perry at 22nd date since I knw I would be down there, but we can do an alternative.... I will post a series of dates and times...it just has to be before April.

FishHawk
02-23-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm in for that date. Let me know if it's a go because I have to let the dealership where I drive know to take the time off. FishHawk.

Adrian
02-23-2005, 05:37 AM
That week-end doesn't work for me either - if you reschedule I will come up!

Paxton
02-23-2005, 07:55 AM
John,
I'm available that date...day-afternoon-evening, or most any other date you need. If I have a week advanced notice, I can reschedule what I have and make it.
Glad they are seeking input! I would welcome the CAC offer as well.
Ron

brendan
02-23-2005, 08:44 AM
John -

Count me in and keep me advised.

- Brendan

Roop
02-23-2005, 08:56 AM
I'll help you out.

Let me know where & when.

Roop

BigDave
02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
March 22 doesn't work for me but if rescheduled I'd like to help.

I'm going to pass this along to some other offline flats rats that might want to volunteer.

Dave

Redfisher
02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
John

Since I'm retired I will be available (and happy to participate) at the time and date you indicated, or almost any other date if you reschedule. I live in Orleans and keep my boat in Stage Harbor.

Dan

striblue
02-25-2005, 12:14 AM
I am hoping we have 5 from each board... we have 5 from RT and 3 or 4 from FSW...so with the current posts we have our number and should keep it to the 22....More guys signed up from here than the other boards... so to have any meaningful discussions we should keep the numbers managable..all of you who can make the the date should plan on it...we should shut it off now. naturally, I am not in any position to stop others...but maybe we can put one with the other board and keep the numbers under 20 in total.... I don't feel like I should shut anyone out of the other boards... so I can go with RT or FFSW... another with them and all of you who signed up should plan on going... dividing it up is my fault since I wanted to be sure the other boards are also involved, but we are all in this together anyway.... there are no competing interests between all of us on these Issues or betwen Forums...so it is just an orgainizational thing.

FishHawk
02-25-2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks John for the update. I'll be there on the 22nd.
FishHawk

Redfisher
02-25-2005, 06:59 AM
John

I'll be there! .

Dan

Paxton
02-25-2005, 07:13 AM
John, I'll be there....please just confirm that meeting is still 2 p.m. on 3/22 at the Refuge. Am available for any pre/post meetings etc.
Ron

Roop
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
It's on my calendar John, I'll be there.

Roop

striblue
02-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Great... we should end up with about 20 in total...Guys from the other two boards as well. which is a good number...not too big, but big enough to show that there are people with like concerns... So we are keeping it at 2 pm on the 22 of March.

BigDave
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
John,

Not to repeat myself but I can't make the 22nd. Looks like you have plenty of volunteers. Good luck and if there's anything else I can do to help the cause let me know!

Dave

striblue
02-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks Dave, Not to worry, we do have enough for a dialog. We will, I am sure, report to the group after we get back.

FrenchCreek
02-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi John,
First thank's for taking an active role in this matter, obviously, I can't attend the meeting but I would offer a suggestion. If the group can provide recommendations about how those of us visitors/foreigners/tourists can help out and a brief summary of the key issues at hand, this would allow us to focus our responses and participation in the issue.