GASPE [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: GASPE

RAINMAN
02-14-2005, 08:28 PM
HI, MY FIRST POST HERE, A FRIEND AND I ARE GOING TO GASPE THIS SUMMER AND ARE LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD TIPS/ ADVICE. WE ARE EXPERIENCED SMALL STREAM BROOKIE FISHERS AND ARE INTERESTED IN ANY INFO ON SAME OR A GOOD PLACE WE COULD FIND INFO. WE ARE INTERESTED NOT JUST IN FISHIN BUT ALSO CULTURAL DIVERSIONS. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. R

QuebecSporting
02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
"RainMan"nice name..........fish will enjoy your company!!

Brooks in Gaspé:

If you drive up the York river (from the town of Gaspé) you will cross 3 bridges.

1st: "Ruisseau d'Argent" ( very tiny brook.I would skip it.

2nd: "Petite Fourche" ( there are brook trout ) small brook ( maybe difficult for fly fishing only) You can fish simply with a Provincial trout license. You must be 300 ft away from the York river, thus start fishing up river ( on your right) and you are okay.

3rd: "Grande Fourche" larger stream, nice pools to fly fish and I'Ve seen and caught trout 8 to 12 inches. Again keep a right and stay away from the York river
and you are all set with your trout license.

The St-jean river also has an interesting brook ( near Sector 2)....again you must fish at least 300 ft away from the main river ( St-Jean) - it will be on your left.

The river Maps for the York and St-jean will guide you to these brooks ( they are indicated on the maps).

Another challenge......... "Mackeral fly fishing "from a wharf!! Man!! They are strong!!! and like Mickey Finns !! :chuckle:

Diversion:
Whale watching
Bird watching
kayaking
Lake fishing
guided tours in National Park
etc.etc..

Let me know if you need more info ( I'll send it by mail or email)

Ann

teflon_jones
02-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey Rainman. Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for an incredible place for your next trip, I highly recommend Libby Camps in Maine. There are two outpost cabins that offer stream fishing right out your door, the "Mooseleuk Stream" and "River Camp" cabins. The waters are all wadeable, or you can take a canoe (provided).

fcch
02-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Anne,

We have 'em ... so does North shore, ...

Question: Gaspé, do you have any sea run trout ??