striper flats [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: striper flats

teflon_jones
02-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I've been freshwater fly fishing for 17 years now, but I'm new to the saltwater world. I really want to do some shallow water fishing (wading) for stripers on the flats this year, but I can't find any info on the web of where to go. I know we all hate to give up locations for fishing, but I'm just looking for general locations where I'll at least have the opportunity to catch a fish. I'm not looking for anybody's secrets! Would anybody care to PM me where I can go? :) I don't have a boat, only waders. I'm more than willing to give up freshwater locations in return. ;)

striblue
02-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Monomoy............and South beach, Chatham.... there are always a bunch or of us out there at any given time...so just come along. You follow the posts so that information about who is going when is usually posted.

Slinger
02-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Or in the other direction. Rhoddy`s south county salt ponds have miles of wadable water and excellent fishing.
Slinger

artb
02-13-2005, 06:21 AM
Both Slinger, and John gave it right. I personally haven't fished the Cape in a few years, but I can attest to South County RI. Any of the salt ponds that are open to the sea are excellent places for saltwater flyfishing. I do not know anyone that would not show a newcomer around. I am hoping that this spring I will again be able to go saltwater flat fishing. You are more than welcome to come along. I haven't heard from my good friend Captain Ray but usually in late March or April there is usally an ice break clave in the Providence River, achieved by wading. :)

Paxton
02-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Scott, Sent you a pm.
Ron