Biggest planned purchases of the year? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Biggest planned purchases of the year?

juro
02-04-2005, 06:26 AM
Just curious... what is the biggest planned fishing-related purchase of the year in the following categories:

1) trips

2) gear

3) alimony

Just kidding about the third.

Moose
02-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Trips:
All plans,wishes and dreams of fishing abroad this year cancelled due to daughter #1 moving back home and about to deliver granddaughter #1. This is just fine with me, now I'll have a new fishing partner! :biggrin: Idaho will still be there next year.

Actually have 2 places I want to go other than Idaho, which will happen anyway. Next year will see 1 of these materialize.(I know, you said "this year", but hey, next year is all I got). I would love to go to Iceland and fish for Salmon. I've seen footage of the place in both Mel Krieger's and Henrik Mortensen's vidoes and I am enthralled with it. The other, which is more likely, is a trip to an east coast vacation spot where I can take the whole family and let them be beach bums for a week. I'm thinking Martha's Vineyard or the Hamptons or some place like that. Maybe even up on the Maine coast, where the family will have plenty to do and I can chase linesides with my Atlantis :devil:

Purchases:
Just ordered a Meiser S2H126456 and next will get a Burkheimer 13'3" 6/7/8.

Alimony:

Heck, if I had to pay alimony I'd be posting on the "Stinkbaits and Uglysticks" board. :eek:

Nick
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
A new ultra travel outfit for my trip to New Zealand! So far the 6pc LL bean's have my eye cause I love even number rods. The 5 pc Wayfarer that I have is sweet, but I hate not being able to keep it as an even 2pc for the rest of the time!!!

fcch
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Tent trailer (I Hope)

Getting too old to sleep in a tent, ... Anyone want to rent this:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/2004/IM001136.jpg

Smolt
02-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Two trips to Canada to fish for atlantic salmon with either or both of my sons -- one in July and one in September/October. Maybe another two-handed rod -- Atlantis 1111 is beckoning.

teflon_jones
02-04-2005, 12:30 PM
1) trips
I'll be going up to Maine for a long weekend with my best friend, my father-in-law, and maybe a couple of other people for some early summer smallmouth fishing. We'll probably do 4 days or so in the Grand Lake Stream area. I'll also be out on the Cape for a week in July, but that'll just be a general vacation, not specifically a fishing trip. Neither one of these will cost a huge amount.

2) gear
My BIG planned purchase for the year really consists of a few items that are all related. I don't have money to get a boat, so I'm going the cheap route and getting into float tubing. So, I already bought the waders, a float tube, and wading boots, and I need to pick up the flippers. Total cost of a few hundred $$$ since I went the eBay route for all of it.

3) alimony
Talk to my wife in 6 months...

FishHawk
02-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Trips local this year but perhaps Montana next year for the BWO hatch on the Missouri.
Gear: New Winston B II X blank and components. Can't wait to try out this rod .
FishHawk

salt dog
02-04-2005, 02:08 PM
The calendar is filling up with aspirations for fishing dates through out the year, but as to out of State Trips where a significant cash outlay will be required:
I was able to hijack the family vacation this summer, and plan a camping trip to the St. Joe in Idaho, and Rock Creek, MT., with the family. Cutts, bows and browns, a splendid medley. I will be picking up one more low end combo rod set up so everyone has full gear, and 5 pairs of wading boots.
Also, November will see a trip to the Bahamas by way of Marco Island for bones, barracuda and shark and more.

Gear, I will be picking up a DH beach rod for Puget Sound salmon (a CND 7/8 if they come out with it before June), and last month bought a Lamson litespeed 4 reel for the rod, and will pick up lines for it after I finalize my 2nd choice of rods, and maybe an extra spool. Also, miscellaneous fly tying supplies in the next few weeks.

After all of that, I hope I have enough left over for a 2005 fishing license. :wink:

bonefishmon
02-06-2005, 06:43 AM
West Side of Andros live aboard from Williams Island down to the Northern Bight.
I've been saving for two years and still don't have enough $$$$ to book it. May have too hire a sponge boat but I'll get there somehow!

Phil

MarkDoogue
02-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Anyone want to buy a 42' Bertram?

DEERHAAWK
02-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Good morning,
Lets see......

California Annual Non- Res........$83.00
(not much snow pack up North yet)
Wanonah Vagabond 14.............$700.00
(the 2nd one,for the bussiness, we'll have George W. pay for that one :lildevl:
Kimber 8400 Classic...................$850.00
(deeper backcountry trips planned, don't want no trouble)

Trips;
The dance card is full already, with New England on it for Fall....
Just hope the Sheiks and Shakes dont shut off the flow!

Alimony;
Hell, she get's $1000.00 a month already!

Did I mention a new St. Croix 7wt travel set-up?

Champange Dreams............Budwiser Pocketbook...
I know I have a rich uncle somewhere..... :hihi: :chuckle: :D

(By the way, you would'nt have a spare 10 spot would you, I mean just till Friday?)

Comming to you from somewhere in the N.W. Quad
Deerhawk

bluegillbob
02-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I want an 8wt to chase those bigger bass! I'm tired of using my 'lil 4wts on them!

I'd like to cast a TFO and see how the 8wts feel! :)

Also, I'd like to put some SA's "mastery series" on my reels...they deserve it! :)