Anyone else getting them dreams? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone else getting them dreams?

Lefty
02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Every year about 2/3 of the way through the winter they start......FISHING DREAMS.
I'm getting them lately right on schedule.
Another thing that happens is I get a strong desire to catch brook trout. Being a striper hound it's odd, but to walk the stream in spring is a great thought when you have cabin fever. Every year I vow to do that in spring, yet end up up at the salt instead- 25 mins from home. This year will be different. Going to Ireland in April. Can't wait.

Dream on.

Lefty

FredA
02-04-2005, 07:41 AM
I have half a dozen or so dreams of recurring themes that I cycle through throughout the year. One is of throwing a lure of some sort at fish that are thick and all around. Never seem to complete the deed and hookup though. Same end as one of the other dream themes that is a bit (just a bit) more erotic in nature. Another dream theme thats somewhat new (several years) has me missing the best part of the season, unable to get out to fish until about August. That theme falls into the recurring nightmare catagory.

Adrian
02-04-2005, 08:42 AM
My recurring dream is shallow water stripers in the surf zone and the surf is always of monumental proportions ....... :whoa:

kennebecfly
02-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Whew!!...... its not just me! :chuckle:

Willie Gunn
02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I thought this was another thread about the Hardy girl, I see it is not so I will leave hurridly

Dble Haul
02-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I dream about fishing at least once a week, throughout the year. It's not limited to the colder months.

bonefishmon
02-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Keep dreaming if you must. I've done my fair share! Now it's time to do some trout fishing. Here in Ct. there are several options but the TMA streams and rivers that are open to fishing all year will be tooooo high due to the snowpack melt and warmer weather. Best bet will be a tail race dam somewhere. I smell a Trout Clave. Anyone interested???????

Phil

salt dog
02-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I am standing in the shallows of a stream, just upstream of an old wooden bridge; the water below the bridge is posted 'No Fishing Allowed', with the sign posted on the bridge. As I can see large trout rising downstream, I start contemplating whether or not I would be in violation if I stand above the bridge, where fishing is legal, and let the fly float with the current down stream under the bridge. As I am contemplating this, several huge, bright yellow, saucer shaped fish with large cartoon-like eyes, float by me on the surface, smiling at me with a cartoon balloon above one of them containing the words "don't even think about it!". I wake myself up laughing.

Every one of my dreams contain themes involving water; my wife says it's because I am an Aquarius. I tell her its because I need more time on the water. What do you think?