Russia's Kola Peninsula [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Russia's Kola Peninsula

marcusjanssen
02-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi,
I'm going to be fishing the Rynda river is Russia's Kola Peninsula this August, and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me, especially in terms of what patterns to tie. I've never been before, and want to be well prepared.
Cheers

Marcus

janssen_marcus@hotmail.com

Jamie McCaig
02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Marcus

If your going to Rynda in August you'll definetly want to take some stonefly nymphs. They can be very effective, especially if the water is low. Best fly for me at that time of year is Yellow Sunray or Sunray Nymph. I'll dig out some photos of the flies and instructions and post them later.

Tight lines

Jamie

Smolt
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Jamie,

Do use those flies when fishing atlantic salmon or brown trout?

Thanks,

CK

Jamie McCaig
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi CK,

Atlantic salmon! You kind of dead drift the nymphs and lift infront of the fish or just let it drift down stream. Can be a really good method for low water.

Yellow Sunray and Sunray Nymph are Sunray Shadow variants and are fished traditionally but best results for me are casting off square and staedy, slow strip.

Tight lines

Jamie

GaryHay
08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Hello,
I am also off to fish the Rynda but in week 36 and would welcome hearing from anyone who has fished there before. I think I have all the flies covered, my normal water is the Dee but have been working in Sweden for the last 10 months so feeling a little homesick for a Scottish river. I was told that the Rynda was a nice medium sized river in between the Deveron and the Dee so went for that one.

So any information and tips would be welcome.

Regards

Gary