Chatham Cut Jan 2005... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Cut Jan 2005...

Penguin
01-31-2005, 04:12 PM
No monumental changes but changes none the less...
A little brisk!!!

Penguin
01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
A nice day at the beach for lotza' basking seals...

Penguin
01-31-2005, 04:20 PM
CAC...
Closed for the season...

Penguin
01-31-2005, 04:26 PM
SPRING!?
The roof and deck are still intact...
The Chatham Selectmen are still waiting for Mayor Striblue to shovel his sidewalk!

juro
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
No monumental changes but changes none the less...
A little brisk!!!

?? Wow - looks like you could do a standing broad jump to the mecca now.

doogue
01-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Juro,

That is crazy.

Pete, if the mecca really that close to shore? Is it an optical illusion?

Thanks for the pics Penguin....

striblue
01-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Pete... thanks for the pics...no trees down...BUT.... how come no shoveling???? :)

Jimmy
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
The mecca is soooo close! :whoa: The closer to the mecca the closer to nirvana. :wink: Who knows what the rest of the winter will bring?

Pete- I hope your lovely Lucy doesn't have to walk in all that snow.

John- For a small fee, I could drive up from Stamford and plow the place. :hihi:

juro
01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Everyone bring a board and nails to the spring clave, we'll build a little bridge :cool:

Penguin
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Given the telephoto lens, the flat angle, and the distance...things appear closer than they really are...Compression factor!?
But they really are getting close!

Jimmy
01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Did I just hear Spring Clave? :) Any ideas on dates? Never too early to dream. :smile:

Penguin
01-31-2005, 08:10 PM
...having a clave of their own...right now!
SIGN ME UP!

Jimmy...Glad to see you're A&B (alive & breathing)!
When you shovel out the CAC, be sure to bring a chain saw and clean up big branches!
You know how "picky" the Mayor can be! :wink:

Jimmy
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Let's see.... The truck, the chipper, saws.......Might be able to work a night or two at the CAC. :lildevl:

striblue
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
You'll Have to kick the Hells Angles out first. :lildevl:

rooster
01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Pedro,
If you do the drive by on Juniper, let us know what W Dennis Annex of an anglers club looks like!
Hopefully, the roof held up!
The CA crew will start to show up in Mid May and be there until Mid June, most of the old faces and some new ones. I may need to super-size big blue.
Springclave sounds good...., what about the weekend of 5/20-5/22?
Cheers,
DK

FishHawk
02-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Great recon photos Capt Penguin. :smokin: Looks like an easy paddle away to Mecca. Spring Clave sounds good to me right now. FishHawk :smokin:

FredA
02-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Looks like the storm probably did little on the inside. The telephoto shot suggests a normal progression from what that channel and point looked like in November. The outside must have taken a beating. The end of Nauset looks like it had a lot of material washed off the top (the end is sinking).

juro
02-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Since the tidal force shifted to the north side, the ol big girl fishery just hasn't been the same but for an occasional cow here or there for me anyway. Most of the consistent action has been up on the rockpile, which tells me the fish favor the more active tidal influenced side of the inlet.

Looking back, those amazing years on big girl and the mecca were correspondent to southerly channel flow years. However if the spit joins the mainland I believe there will be a whole new venue with exceptional angling as the north face will be adjacent to the main inlet as it makes it's corner in and out of Pleasant Bay. I noticed that PB was much colder through the year than any in recent memory.

Outside beach was forming into some spectacular structure last October, I can't wait to walk it this spring!

OC
02-01-2005, 08:30 AM
:) I love the way you guys talk dirty with words like old girl, mecca, southerly flow and northerly flow. Can't wait to fish along with some of you this summer and not only enjoy the fishing action but watching your expert observation of local earth, tides and moon movements. To me that is one of the biggest parts of fishing Cape Cod, it is the religion of the old, old timers and it is wonderful to know that you all still have it.

soon
OC

juro
02-01-2005, 09:00 AM
We await your presence, sir - John please prepare the fez :hihi:

striblue
02-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Yes,Oh Master of the Sargent of Arms, the Fez is under lock and key... ready for the uninitiated.... ohhhhh.. the terror of it all!

kush
02-01-2005, 04:54 PM
John,

This Wet-Coaster is planning on a return pilgrimage to the CAC this July. There will be some of the legendary Cubanos to mark the occasion :smokin: