WARNING...... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: WARNING......

Luv2flyfish
01-24-2005, 04:07 AM
WARNING TO ALL STEELHEAD ENTERING OLYMPIC PENINSULA STREAMS: In the near future my waders, spey rods, and sink tips will be removed from storage, dusted off, fresh leaders tied on and I (after a lengthy absence) will be coming to a stream near you! This is the official warning that all steelhead entering olypen streams will be pursued by a barbless Jay's Special and yes Mr. Steelhead - I'm gonna rip your lips!

In a little while I will be able to change my location back to where it should be - Western Washington. I can get rid of this blasted "sunny arabic oasis" Oh yeah.....You best be hiding Mr. Steelhead....... :hihi:

juro
01-24-2005, 07:10 AM
We have been warned! :) I hope you receive the warm welcome you receive in the form of aggresive chrome instead of bad guys in the desert. I look forward to hooking up on some emerald PNW rivers with you in the days to come.

bonefishmon
01-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Jay. Really glad to hear from you to live another day on the OP. I'll be there March 22-29th. Going to visit my son in Silverdale and stay at the Lodge on the base where my son is living. Acklins trip got scheduled for this date so I hope to be rolling steelies instead. Let's hookup if you are still around. On a side note, I have no clue as to what flies I'll need. Thanks again for the heads up on Turnbull House on Long Island. I have been in contact with the guide who owns it and he is super. I'd like to go visit him on my own at some point. I'm sure you've probably seen some of his posts after I tuned him in to FFF.

Phil

Luv2flyfish
01-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Juro - I am sure I'll be seeing you at the Seattle Clave at high bridge. I'll be on leave during that time so I'll drag myself from the rivers and come to the Clave.

Phil - I read you are going to be in WA mar 22-29......if this is correct - I'll be on leave again beginning the 25th of March. Most Definately we'll get some fishing in. The Bone Clavers will be greeted with pictures of Olympic Chrome to soothe their sun burns! Have no worries about flies or anything - I'll square ya away. Be sure to stay in touch on here as time approaches. I have full intentions of fishing the OP from 25 March until the end of the season on 15 April.

bonefishmon
01-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Jay. Thanks fella! I'll keep you posted. I will also be doing some float tubing in Bellingham. My youngest son Tim will along for the Family Reunion and is a Bozeman trout bum. His best friend invited us up to his secret mountain lake for a day or two.
Twenty inch trout all day long! Will be hard to pass up but I do want to spend at least one day with you on the OP. Glad to hear from you. We will catch some bones together at some point. I'd be glad to do a DIY with you on Andros and show you around. Know anyone on the base at AUTEC on North Andros neat Fresh Creek?

Phil

Luv2flyfish
01-29-2005, 03:38 AM
WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! I AM HOME!!!!! a long shower and a cold Alaskan Amber.....I'm back on the forums!

fishinfool
01-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Welcome home, and thanks for doing what you do. Wish I were there so I could buy you the next cold one to show my appreciation. Hope you have wonderful fishing.

bonefishmon
01-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Bought a case home from Bozeman on the last visit! Welcome home Jay! Now, go rip some lips! We'd like a full report of your efforts and don't forget to mention how nice those mountains look if you can take your eyes off the swing while slingin' flies.

Phil

SparseHairHackl
01-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Welcome home! May the rivers be good to you as you mine for chrome! And thanks for the inherent reminders to me to count my blessings...

--Bill

JDJones
01-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Welcome home, and thanks for doing what you do. Wish I were there so I could buy you the next cold one to show my appreciation. Hope you have wonderful fishing.

DITTO!!!
May the fish gods smile upon you. You desrve it.