NorthEast Blizzard 05 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: NorthEast Blizzard 05

jfbasser
01-23-2005, 07:05 AM
4X4's locked and loaded with nowhere to go :) Bit windy at the Middleside...I hope the power holds out for the Patriots Game :whoa:

Quentin
01-23-2005, 07:42 AM
4X4's locked and loaded with nowhere to go :) Bit windy at the Middleside...I hope the power holds out for the Patriots Game :whoa:

Too bad the game isn't in Foxboro! Then again, they'd probably have to cancel.

It's done here except for the drifting. Total accumulation is about a foot. Looks like Worcester and points south and east are still getting buried.

I heard that the National Guard was preparing for possible evacuations in some coastal areas? (Scituate?)

Q

JimW
01-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I have no idea how much snow has fallen other than a lot. I can see the grass in some places but the jeep is beginning to disappear and the suburban is close behind. At least it's not wet snow. It's a tad on the windy side here, I also found that by casting with the wind I'm able to cast the entire line, and most of the backing..... :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Penguin
01-23-2005, 09:07 AM
On the PharSide of the canal... :razz:
But when it does... :Eyecrazy:

A phine winter gift from Canada for the NorthEast... :tsk_tsk:
A real hummmdinger...at least 2' and still goin' strong! :eek:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=JavaLoop&prodnav=none&pid=none

jfbasser
01-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Forgot some bucktail from the flyfishingshow in the car :chuckle: Need to tye up some patterns for the Key West trip :D
23.5 inches and counting...exceeds the length of my longest flatwing :smokin: :lildevl:

artb
01-23-2005, 10:01 AM
:Eyecrazy: Can't tell how much snow we got. I have cleaned out the driveway, but it is all back now. I think we have at least 2 feet on the level. It is hard to tell because of the wind.The local forcast is another 6 to 12 inches. In the snow belt of RI people easily get around. Just as long as you don't go down to Providence, here the streets are all plowed, it is just that it keeps drifting back. :chuckle:

Penguin
01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
The Blizzard of '78 (or was that '88?) opened the Chatham cut...
Gott'a wonder if we now have North, South, and Middle Monomoy?! :eek:
...and Nauset Beach gets real thin in places...
Coming soon, to a boat ramp near you...Ryders Cove/Pleasant Bay Cut?! :Eyecrazy:

That old Chinese curse still rings true..."May you live in interesting times!" :lildevl:

FredA
01-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Power just came back after a few hour outage.

The cut opened in '88 or thereabouts. The '78 storm broke Monomoy in two.

Sure is pretty to look at.

Penguin
01-23-2005, 05:58 PM
...no where to go...
Another few hours of dancin' with the snow blower and I'll be at the street... :rolleyes:

teflon_jones
01-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I definitely have at least 2 ft here in North Attleboro. I shoveled my driveway out so my wife could get to work tomorrow, and it got so high on both sides that I was too tired to throw the snow over! I had bad drifting too... I have a 4x4, but my wife has a little compact sedan. I just backed right out of the driveway this morning. I had to knock down the bank and the end of the driveway that the plows had built, but otherwise I didn't really shovel before pulling out. I just left it in 4WD when I got home last night. :D But with my wife's little car, I have to shovel. :(

Penguin
01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
The little TroyBuilt snow thrower that could...
ONLY 3.5 more months 'til the Striped Twinkie Parade! :eek: