Wheres the Mag? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wheres the Mag?

kennebecfly
01-12-2005, 08:35 AM
What ever happend to the fly fishing new england mag ? I recevied an issue I think back in oct. Have not heard a thing about it againI see they have cashed my check :whoa:

JimW
01-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I am a regular subscriber and I have not either so I don't think you're being slighted. I think it's published quarterly so we should both see something soon.

Jimmy
01-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Don't feel too bad. I haven't seen a single issue as of yet. :(

striblue
01-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I am waiting for it also...I have a fly .. suppose to be in it... so I am watching....

kennebecfly
01-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks,Did not mean to ruffle any feathers :hihi: But I was in the process of renewing subscriptions and it got me wondering about that one.

Jimmy
01-12-2005, 04:23 PM
John,

I did pick up a copy at the Danbury show. Your flouder fly was in the magazine along with an article by Juro. Great Job by both of you. :)

striblue
01-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Jimmy , that was one of the older mags...the new one is suppose to be for the Winter of 05..... I have the DNA sand eel in the new one.

bonefishmon
01-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I, also, am waiting to do some more armchair fishing. No magazine here either.

Phil

sogs
02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
I just read all the complaints about the FF New England magazine. I bought a subscription at the marlboro MA show back on 1/04 and a year later have not received my full subscription. Email me if you want the specifics. :mad:

bonefishmon
02-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I just received the Winter 2005 issue. Funny. Destination - Katmai Lodge? Shouldn't that be in FF Alaska Magazine? Interesting reading though. Great article by Juro! Now I know where the Mecca is at last!

Phil

billg
02-24-2005, 09:00 PM
The first issue is out now. I believe that most if not all of the articles will be on eastern fly fishing (US and Canada) with some content on the Great Lakes region as well.

There will be a regular piece on Atlantic Salmon fishing in each issue. The first one had a nice article from Paul Marriner on the Margaree. I have written articles on the Gaspe for the next 2 issues.

The folks at the magazine seem pretty committed to coming east and focusing on our fly fishing.

Bill Greiner
Malbaie River Outfitters

Tod D
02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I too obtained a subscription to FFNE through the Forum. 1st copy was delayed so I called them (phone #'s on the website)...

John called me back THAT day, we corrected an address error, and I'm all set. I suggest others do the same. He seems like a very nice guy, working hard to get this mag off the ground.