01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Well? :)

Quentin
01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm in. Maybe twice :biggrin: .

Q

John Desjardins
01-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm in but given my lack of success with carp I'll be copying someone elses pattern.

Adrian
01-13-2005, 12:58 AM
I guess I had better participate in this one since I mumbled something about carp swap a while back :lildevl:

Dble Haul
01-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Same as the pike swap....I'll meister, and let's do six flies each so we'll each get two of each fly. Deadline is March 1st, and let me know when you're ready for my mailing address.

natrix
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Im in. Im willing to tie some flies and send a self adressed stamped envelope for the return. Do we have any specifics, rules, restrictions ?????

Natrix

Quentin
01-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi Natrix,

I'll answer on Mark's behalf because I think he will be offline for a few days.

There are no specifics, rules or restrictions aside from what's mentioned above, although the number of flies we're supposed to submit may change since the number of participants has changed. Mark should return in time to make that call.

Sometimes the participants are asked to identify which patterns they intend to submit so that we don't end up with multiple batches of the same pattern, but there has been no such request so far.

Thanks for joining!

Q

Dble Haul
01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Like Q says, no restrictions. I doubt there will be any duplication of patterns between so few tiers, so let it roll.

Trust me, you guys won't even come close to duplicating what I'm gonna tie. :wink:

natrix
01-29-2005, 10:08 AM
I count five of us,

If you all get two flys each then Ill tie 8 flys.

Natrix

Dble Haul
02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Reminder, flies are due one month from today.

Two flies per participant.

Lemme know when you need my mailing address, and I'll send it via PM.

natrix
02-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Sparrow Varient

Swarm behavior or Killer Sparows

Dble Haul
02-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Reminder: flies are due two weeks from today.

Dble Haul
02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I received flies from natrix today, and his fine pattern is loaded into the archive.

Nicely done!

Dble Haul
02-22-2005, 10:07 AM
This swap is due in one week, and I still need flies from Adrian, Quentin, and John.

Thanks. :)

Adrian
02-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Mark

I'll get mine done this week!

Quentin
02-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Almost done here. I should be able to finish them up and get them to you on time.

Q

John Desjardins
02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Half done here and about to start the second half.

John Desjardins
02-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Flies are on the way.

Adrian
02-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Got mine finished this a.m. and will mail therm tommorow.

Mark see PM re mailing address.

:smokin:

Quentin
02-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Mine are done and will be mailed tomorrow. I think I have your mailing address but please send it again just to be sure. Thanks!

Q

Dble Haul
03-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I have now received everyone's flies for this swap. I will load a few pictures into the archives this evening, and will try to get them sent out from the post office tomorrow.

Adrian
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks Mark :smokin:

Now we've got the flies - how about a Carp clave? :smokin:

Dble Haul
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Lead the way. Pools on the Housatonic?

Dble Haul
03-04-2005, 07:53 AM
It's official....all flies are in the mail as of this morning, and all flies have been loaded into the archive. Two flies, John Desjardins' wooly bugger and my scorpio, are already in the archive (John's bugger is the same as Quentin's recent addition, with the added feature of a bead head).

Thanks to all participants! :)

Adrian
03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Flies arrived today and they look great!

I'll post a pic of my contribution in the archive this week-end.

For the summer maybe a "Warmwater" clave might be more realistic? Actually I was thinking of the CT river up Enfield way. Apparently, once the river level drops it gets very quiet up there since boats can't get through easily. There are reputed to be good size smallmouth bass and plenty of big muscle-bound carp and the occaisional striper just to keep thinks interesting.. :D Water clarity is aparently excellent.

My old spot on the housy is a very low water spot and since we've had natural flows it doesn't fish anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of other places but I've not scoped them out.

Lets see how things develop - teher's a lot of fishing to be done before low water summer conditions. :smokin:

Open to other suggestions. I wouldn't mind venturing across the border into Mass - if Quentin would show us his secret spot :lildevl:

Dble Haul
03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Adrian- I fish the Enfield/Suffield area of the river a lot during low water levels (July through September), and you are correct about the fishing opportunities in the area. The smallmouth are an absolute blast, and I have seen a few carp here and there. Good suggestion to chew on. :)

FWIW, I put your fly in the archive already, but feel free to add another (and better :redface: ) picture if you desire.

Adrian
03-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Did anyone happen to catch Walkers Cay this morning?

Sight casting to Carp during the "mulberry hatch" on a lake in Ohio :smokin:

Dble Haul
03-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I saw it and liked it. :)

Quentin
03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Got my flies today -- they look great! Can't wait to try them out :biggrin: .

Thanks to all participants and extra thanks to Mark for running the show.

As for the proposed carp clave, sign me up! I'll get a CT license this year so I can join the pike clave too. If you want to head north I'd be happy to show you the baby carp factory on the Housy. Or we can try for bigger fish in one of the lakes but I can't guaranty that we'll find or catch carp.

Q