Naples-florida [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Naples-florida

BlueH20
01-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, I am back, been a long year. Going to naples Florida area in a few weeks, got a boat at my disposal every day and was looking for some tips on what to look for in the middle of february down there. I know it is winter time in florida then, but it is a lot colder up here in Montana and I need some warmth.
thanks
blueh20
ps. Sorry to you guys who had messages in my box, I have been off the air for quite some time.

bonefishmon
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Marco Island and Chockesloskee (I did not spell that right). Work the mangrove edges for Snook. Some Reds may be seen as well.

Phil

petevicar
01-11-2005, 01:18 AM
I agree Chokoloskee is a good place to fish at that time of year for Snook, Reds and there may even be a few tarpon around.
Be carefull when driving the boat as I have heard of a lot of cases of broken props on the rocky bottom.

Pete

BlueH20
01-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys, I am taking notes, I had heard the snook and reds would be the ticket at that time of the year, now I have a place to try.
thanks again
blueh20

2tancaddis
01-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Give Mark Ward a call at the Everglades Angler in Naples. http://www.evergladesangler.com/portal/

tightlines,
2tancaddis

admin
01-13-2005, 10:28 AM
2tancaddis -

Although your intentions are good our policy is to honor our existing sponsors when promoting non-sponsors. This is done by sending an email, cc: sponsorships(at)flyfishingforum.com suggesting becoming a sponsor themselves.

Alternatively, you can edit out the promotional material from your original post. Sounds like Mark is a good guide, let's see if we can get him involved int he forum!

wind roper
01-16-2005, 05:12 AM
YOU DONT HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY TO CHOKOLOSKEE BURNING ALL THAT GAS FOR GREAT ACTION! FISH THE EAST SHORE LINE OF GORDONS PASS FOR SNOOK IN THE 20LB RANGE, AROUND THE SMALL ISLANDS HEADING BACK TO THE BACK BAY FOR REDFISH AND SEA TROUT (SNOOK ALSO) AND JUST PAST NAPLES CITY DOCK (WHERE YOU CAN REFUEL AND GET LIVE BAIT) IS THE US-41 BRIDGE. FISH THE OPEN WATER JUST NORTH OF THE BRIDGE IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL FOR RESIDENT TARPON IN THE 80LB-120LB RANGE. CLOUSER MINNOWS AND DECEIVERS IN LIGHT COLORS WILL GET A BEND IN YOUR ROD. GOOD LUCK!

BlueH20
01-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, al these places I will try. I will post when I get back, still a couple of weeks out.
thanks again for the response
blueh20