Show Time [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Show Time

Jimmy
01-10-2005, 10:45 AM
It's show season. The time of year when all of us would rather be fishing.But for most of us in the New England area, our rods and reels have been put into storage until spring.

Many of us spend our nonfishing months tying flies, building rods, or working .:( For me the shows give me a chance to "keep in touch" with the flyfshing world. By that, I mean friends. For the latest and greatest," how did I ever live without this" flyfishing products, all I have to do is go down the sreet to my local fly shop. So for me, shows aren't about products, it's about people.

So here's the question. Why do you attend?

striblue
01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Jimmy... first off...are you intending to drive up for Marlboro and/or Wilmington?

Dble Haul
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
It's a nice way to break up the winter and see some people again. It also really fires me up and potentially focuses my goals for the upcoming season.

Adrian
01-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I agree with Mark - next to the "reel" thing its the best way to beat the Shack Nasties.

Catching up with friends, meeting the pro's, generally enjoying the buzz.

Penguin
01-10-2005, 12:26 PM
...to get an unsupervised "Day Pass" from the psych staff on the "locked ward"... :eek:
But, when I do...
It gives me an opportunity to venture to the DarkSide of the canal to buy stuff I don't need and, more importantly, to see phriends (like John Morin, who will soon be much too famous to recognize little me in the crush of his adoring fans)...
(Pete...WHO?) :rolleyes:
The show visits are way too short and there are too many distractions...but they makes me feel good, none the less...
...sorta' like eating ice cream too fast, only better! :whoa:
and besides that...
...Despite the chaos, the shows are a harbinger of Spring and a light at the end of the cold, dark tunnel we call Winter...
...although sometimes the light turns out to be just another speeding freight train! :eek:

See you at Marlboro?! :confused:

FishHawk
01-10-2005, 02:22 PM
To test cast the new rods ,and of course to meet my Flats Friends.
FishHawk : :smokin:

Jimmy
01-10-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm not too sure if I can make those shows. I have work on those dates. I also have to study for the Capts' test. Tons of reading and not much time. I'll see what I can do.

DTW. Spoke to a guy at the local shop today. Says he's been getting Bass at the mouth of the Housie. Might have to break from the books and give it a try. :whoa:

striblue
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Jimmy...you can't take that exam because you gave ME your Captain's hat...it's down at CAC.....sorry. ;) :lildevl: